4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cops suck

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

Default cops suck

i wrecked my car tonight and the cop doesnt belive that i was doing anything wrong. he accused me of coming a diff direction than i was coming from and just loosing control of my car. i was pulling out of a parking lot turning right, yes i rolled the stop sign no cars around and my left rear tire wobled somehow and made me loose control and spin around and poped my front tire up on the curb scatching the **** out of my rims and the left rear hit and snaped the axel. the cop was a DICK............ just because im 18 doesnt mean im a dumbass. i know how to drive. the cop thinks im an idiot . i would have turned with the turn when it vers to the left (unless i wanted to wreck my car) so if i would have turned left the back wheel would have hit first not the front. so basically he thinks i wanted to wreck my car so i turned into the curb so i could spin around and make my front tire hit first. called me a liar to my face and i have 7 witnesses saying its not true, yet know one belives me.

how hard is it to change an axel, everything else is fine witht he eception of the rotor but thats play school, so what all will i have to do to chage a axel?

sorry about the story im just pissed off, had to get it out
Old 03-15-2006, 12:45 AM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: cops suck

sorry bro.

you are a young punk in a mustang, he hates you like he hated all the cool kids in school with nice cars that picked on him or wouldnt talk to him. set things even by f*cking his wife.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

i wrecked my car tonight and the cop doesnt belive that i was doing anything wrong. he accused me of coming a diff direction than i was coming from and just loosing control of my car. i was pulling out of a parking lot turning right, yes i rolled the stop sign no cars around and my left rear tire wobled somehow and made me loose control and spin around and poped my front tire up on the curb scatching the **** out of my rims and the left rear hit and snaped the axel. the cop was a DICK............ just because im 18 doesnt mean im a dumbass. i know how to drive. the cop thinks im an idiot . i would have turned with the turn when it vers to the left (unless i wanted to wreck my car) so if i would have turned left the back wheel would have hit first not the front. so basically he thinks i wanted to wreck my car so i turned into the curb so i could spin around and make my front tire hit first. called me a liar to my face and i have 7 witnesses saying its not true, yet know one belives me.

how hard is it to change an axel, everything else is fine witht he eception of the rotor but thats play school, so what all will i have to do to chage a axel?

sorry about the story im just pissed off, had to get it out
Uh, can't help you with the axle but I might be able to help you with the other stuff. Stop signs say 'Stop' and not 'Roll' for a reason. Rear wheels wobble for very specific reasons. Losing control of the car is not cool whether you are granny doing 10 mph to the grocery store or any other speed. If you know how to drive, you should be aware of the previous things listed. You can drive like a raped ape and still have control of the car if you know how to drive - saying that you don't know how you lost control is not the best way to convince someone that you do.

Not trying to be a dick like the cop cuz it sounds like you got a raw deal, however, I am a fellow Mustang enthusiast who gets lumped into a stereotype because unexplainable stuff like this happens.

Good luck with the axle and I hope you get that "wobble" figured out.

Cheer up though, nobody got hurt and you could have hit something much worse than a curb. He didn't cite you did he?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

no he didnt see me at all or give me a ticket but accused me of coming from a diff direction than i did. i had just got off work and turned right were its sandy from the custrction and he said i came speeding down the road and turned in to the curb on purpose
Old 03-15-2006, 01:03 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your stang and sorry to hear about your bad experience with law enforcement. However, no ticket, no injury, no death, and no frame damage = bad day and not the end of the world.

The dude may have been a dick but it doesn't mean they all are. Fix the stang and watch the slippery stuff.

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

no he didnt see me at all or give me a ticket but accused me of coming from a diff direction than i did. i had just got off work and turned right were its sandy from the custrction and he said i came speeding down the road and turned in to the curb on purpose
Old 03-15-2006, 02:04 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

It could have been much worse man. Cheer up.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Is it just the axleshaft inside? Or the whole rear axle itself? If it's just the axleshaft it is a somewhat simple swap... check the stickies for my Cobra brake swap how-to... to swap the rears you gotta pull the axleshafts out... instructions on how to do that are in there.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:46 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Hell, I would have wrote you a ticket
Old 03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Ah yes, I did that too, swung around, hitting my front right wheel and bending the left axle flange on my 31 spline axle (64 Fairlane 289 Hi-po). Oh btw, I was 17 at the time, and I definitely came outta there too hot. Ijust told the cop I F**KED up, he laughed and let me go. I just found out here in VA that would be wreckless driving, it appears here in the South, police don't have a sense of humor.

John
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Listen take my advice...when dealing with the cops say as little as possible. Don't go out of your way to say this or that to them because frankly they don't give a sh*t. Trust me, i've have to deal with the cops more then I would have liked to and you know what? It was always all over BS everytime. Trust me, the less you say, the less they can use against you. I'm 22 by the way.

EDIT: You know something else that's sad? A lot of those cops, especially the younger ones have Camaros and Mustangs and Corvettes. So who the f**k are they trying to fool? They go out and do the same sh*t in their cars most of the time too. Just remember there's a time and place for everything, and every dog has his day. Or in this case...every pig.

Quick Reply: cops suck