4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Project Black or Blue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Camaro Kid
1st Gear Member

Default Project Black or Blue

I looked at a 97 GT today, as usual I went trough the usual "what mods could I do with this, What colors look good, ETC."

If I bought it, I would need to repaint it, some scratches on back and sides... What do you think about WHITE BODY with blue racing stripes and blue or black rims (if I can find blue ones) Eventually I would get leather seats and stuff...

What about performance wise, how powerful can you get these things? I'm going for sound and acceleration over top speed, and the usual Loud, Cop attraction..

I say Lets make it happen, I have the money so suggestions and tips would be helpful...

and email me at SARGE2491@aol.com for anything!

-Thanks
Old 04-09-2006, 03:39 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Project Black or Blue

SN stangs (94-98 models) are not known for being all that fast due to their poor flowing heads and intake. Stock they have about 190-200 rwhp. Of course these can be made fast just like any car. You can perform a PI swap on a 96-98 to put them up in power with the 99-04 models for around 2k. If you want a car with more power to start with I would look into a 99/00 model which come with around 225 rwhp stock.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Heh you sound like me... Cop attraction [8D] - I get a lot of that. Most of em think its cool though, haha, so I get lucky for now at least.
Look at my setup in my sig. Get that if you want to make little kids cry, people jump, dogs run, and cops attention.

I have a white body, and at first I wasn't into the white so much... But now I actually LOVE it. I used to think about repainting it a different color, but when I need to repaint it I can assure you Im going with white again. PITA to keep clean, real PITA... But I absolutely love the color.

Blue stripes would look real good on it too. I have a Vert, and a different hood and stuff, so I wouldn't do it to my car, but it would look like that Roush they made which looks SEXY.

If you did a white body, DONT PUT BLACK RIMS ON IT. It will look horrific. And your not going to find blue rims, you will need to get them powercoated blue, which would most likely cost a lot of $$$.

I am planning on going with white saleens with my white body next year! White body + white wheels looks amazing, IMO. Whereas for instance a black body and black wheels look horrific, disgusting, IMO... Just because there is WAYYYYY too much black. The black tire gives you REAL nice contrast between the white of the rim and body though for white cars. Looks absolutely amazing.

As far as performance, like said above the SN models are slower, but you can make any mustang fast as **** with $$$.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Camaro Kid
1st Gear Member

PI swap?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Performance Improved, those are the heads that are on the 99+
Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Camaro Kid
1st Gear Member

2K, do normal shops do those or what? How much better peformance, ETC?

Old 04-09-2006, 04:21 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

white is possibly the best looking color in my opinion.....but as you can see by my gallery i'm biased.

it is a colossal pain in the *** to keep it clean though.

blue stripes would look bad ***.....so would black though.

but for the love of all that is good and right in this world do not get blue wheels[:'(]......for that matter don't get black ones either[:'(]
Old 04-09-2006, 05:22 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

I hate the color white, but mostlikely ur gonna have 2 repaint the car the same color, because if you dont its gonna look like ****. EX. the outside of the car is blue, but the firewall, door jams, trunk, and inner fender wells are all still white.

However white can look good if done properly, id recommend a FLAT black hood with flat black accents and the Boss 302 looks package, u know the swooping side stripes that fadeinto the 302 logo. This would look real bad ***!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:01 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Megadeth

I looked at a 97 GT today, as usual I went trough the usual "what mods could I do with this, What colors look good, ETC."

If I bought it, I would need to repaint it, some scratches on back and sides... What do you think about WHITE BODY with blue racing stripes and blue or black rims (if I can find blue ones) Eventually I would get leather seats and stuff...

What about performance wise, how powerful can you get these things? I'm going for sound and acceleration over top speed, and the usual Loud, Cop attraction..

I say Lets make it happen, I have the money so suggestions and tips would be helpful...

and email me at SARGE2491@aol.com for anything!

-Thanks

I have a suggestion... Why dont you find a 96-98 cobra? If your looking at a 97gt right now.. get behind the wheel of a 97 cobra.. its night and day powerwise. The 99+ gt's also put down more power to the wheels.. but if you start with a 4v cobra, it will respond better to most mod's and you can easily get to 300+ N/A RWHP.

Just a thought.. the SN Cobra's can be had cheap and are pretty solid cars.. lots of them on here with 120k+ miles and little or no issues.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:22 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

You dont like white? It can be clean! I like my white 97'

Quick Reply: Project Black or Blue