4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 05:38 PM
ssfirefighter

Default HELP

I turned out of my apartments last night and in a normal fashion shifted from 1st to 2nd...the car was not at full operationg temp but had run for a few minutes before driving... Anyway, while in second with the clutch fully engaged I gave it some fair throttle- Not very hard- But enough to cause a small amount of tire spin (the roads were wet...rained all day). There was a loud 'bang" and then the whole car just shuddered violently. I immediately turned around and parked it in the garage. The car shuddered the whole time. I killed it and checked the engine. It sprayed oil over the driver side of the engine...looks like in the block area, beneath the head. It has drained some oil...not a massive amount...but any at this point is bad. The car has only 1300mi on it. My signature lists my mods...all put on in the last 2-3 days. Should I bolt my stock catted H pipe back on? Is the off road one gonna freak the dealer out? I've got to know...they are closed today and i'll have to have it picked up tomorrow. I'll bust *** and change that pipe out before I send it...I'm paranoid I guess, do you guys have any opinion or experience to share with the dealer on stuff like this to prepare me? Never gone through this...thanks
Old 03-14-2004, 05:45 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP

Not seeing any signature. However.

Sounds like maybe you blew a head gasket. I would remove any non stock item you have on the car before you take it to the dealer. Then I would call them and tell them what happened, make them come pick it up. Remeber, they way they are, if you drive it like this and screw something else up, but its only noticable after you pull apart, they wont fix it. Aka they rebuilt my friends trans for him, but if there was just normal wear and tear on the gears they wouldnt replace em.

I would scream bloody murder, and make a gigatic fuss. Make sure you write down the eigine numbers, or make a mark on the block somplace where you can see it. insist on a new engine. No way this should happen with 1300 miles on it.

ALSO DONT tell them you were spinning. You were just driving along, ok?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:50 PM
ssfirefighter

Sorry I am actually posting this for a friend. He has a 10th anniversary with Mac mid pipe, densecharger CAI, and Eibach springs.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:17 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

replace the mid pipe and denscharger. I highly doubt they would even notice the springs.

I know that it doesnt void the warrenty. But if its something this easy to replace, why bother trying to convice them that? Why go thru all the pain in the neck for somethin you can just cover up.

Sorry to hear about your friend
Old 03-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

The mods are fine. They have nothing to do with what happened to your friends car.

It's always possible your friend might be dealing with a scumbag dealership and they may try stuffing it up his butt because of the perfectly legal mods.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:09 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

This is what im saying. If they look under there, and decide to be an *** about it, it could take quite a while to get anything done. Why not spend the small amount of time putting the stock parts back on? That way, there isnt any chance they can bitch, and he will get his car back asap
Old 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
ssfirefighter

I actually own a Slowmaro, but I have had friends that have had their warranty voided because of CAI. It's silly, but like 2000GT4.6 said, if they want to be an ***, they can really make your life difficult.