MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Vortech SC + Strut tower brace ? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/116308-vortech-sc-strut-tower-brace.html)

DIVER8374 04-14-2006 11:43 AM

Vortech SC + Strut tower brace ?

To all that have a Vortech SC will a strut tower brace from BBK still fit/clear the SC? I woul like to get a strut tower brace but am also planning on getting a Vortech in the future and don't want to waste money on a brace if it will not owrk when I get the SC.

SOHCtimes2 04-14-2006 11:51 AM

RE: Vortech SC + Strut tower brace ?

I dont have one but I could not see how it would effect it in the least bit. The SC mounts toward the front of the engine, the only thing the strut brace would be going over is some tubing which is no higher then CAI tubing or anything of that sort. Dont take my word for it but I'm 99.99% sure it would not be effected at all.

DIVER8374 04-14-2006 01:12 PM

Anyone that has a Vortech have a answer, or can help out???

Master 04-14-2006 02:02 PM

if i recall the strut tower is nowhere near the charger

mustang_montana 04-14-2006 02:07 PM

my strut tower brace fits perfect with my vortech

DIVER8374 04-14-2006 02:33 PM

Thanks mustang_montana, that is the answer I was looking for.

I know that the strut tower brace is no where near the SC head unit itself, I needed to know if it interfeared with the pipeing from the SC head unit to the TB.

SOHCtimes2 04-14-2006 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: DIVER8374

I know that the strut tower brace is no where near the SC head unit itself, I needed to know if it interfeared with the pipeing from the SC head unit to the TB.
There's no way that would be possible, the piping doesnt sit any higher then the piping for any cold air. And I was just trying to help, sorry I don't have a vortech...but It was still an educated assumption. I have seen many vortech mustangs with strut braces....:eek:

DIVER8374 04-14-2006 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

There's no way that would be possible, the piping doesnt sit any higher then the piping for any cold air. And I was just trying to help, sorry I don't have a vortech...but It was still an educated assumption. I have seen many vortech mustangs with strut braces....:eek:

My last responce was not directed towards you SOHCtimes I know that you were trying to help and I too saaumed that the pipe woud not be any higher that a CAI just wanted to be sure. So thanks for the help [sm=smiley20.gif]. I was just trying to clearify to MASTER that I know where the head unit is located for the S/C.

SOHCtimes2 04-14-2006 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

My last responce was not directed towards you SOHCtimes I know that you were trying to help and I too saaumed that the pipe woud not be any higher that a CAI just wanted to be sure. So thanks for the help [sm=smiley20.gif]. I was just trying to clearify to MASTER that I know where the head unit is located for the S/C.
Sorry, my bad.[sm=imsorry.gif]