4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Vinyl Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default Vinyl Install Help

I had taken my car to a professional like 5 months ago; and they put the "Steeda" vinyl on crooked, I now have a replacement, and want to do it myself, any tips and tricks to make sure I get the decal on correctly? Thanks
Old 04-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vinyl Install Help

Use a mixture of soap and water. Put enough soap in to make in bubbley. Place the entire decal in the water ans soap mixture. Then wherever you are applying the decal on the car, put a bunch of the soap and water on too. Place the wet decal where you want it on the car. The soap and water will allow you to move it to any position you like it in. Once you have it in the right position, take a squeegee and squeeze out the water. Allow the decal to dry for a couple hours outside if it's warm, or take a heat gun or blow dryer and try to dry it out a little bit. Don't worry, the water and soap will not affect the sticker in any way, it will stick just the same once the water dries. Just make sure wherever you are putting it on the car is clean, and don;t use any chemicals to clean the area you are appling it to, use soap and water. Make sure you squeegee out all the water before you let it dry or try to dry it a little with the heat gun. Make sure all the bubble are out of the decal too. If you dont; have a squeegee a credit card will also work.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:14 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

car wash soap work, or dish soap?

Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

Dish soap or hand soap. I have never tried with car wash soap but I know the other two work, so I would use dish or hand soap for sure just to be safe.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

dish soap

dawn(with her clothes off) seems to work best

seriously dawn diswashing liquid is best
Old 04-23-2006, 11:58 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Operation replace steeda sticker: failed.

My buddy ripped the "T" in steeda as he helped me align it.... bastard, oh well, now I guess Ill go order my "Black Mustang Club" sticker instead
Old 04-24-2006, 12:55 AM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Man this sucks! I ordered a ford racing rear bumper insert from ebay. I had no idea you could used soapy water to help align the sticker. I ruined the sticker by continuously trying to get it on straight by pulling it off and ripping it. Oh well, 16 bucks wasted again.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluepony4.6

Man this sucks! I ordered a ford racing rear bumper insert from ebay. I had no idea you could used soapy water to help align the sticker. I ruined the sticker by continuously trying to get it on straight by pulling it off and ripping it. Oh well, 16 bucks wasted again.
The ones you buy from mustangtuning.com come with instructions that tell you to put them in soapy water.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

you buy from mustangtuning.com come with instructions that tell you to put them in soapy water.

mine didn't :-/
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluepony4.6

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Quick Reply: Vinyl Install Help