4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What is ABSOLUTELY necessary

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default What is ABSOLUTELY necessary

I have been wanting to lower my Mustang since the day I bought it. But I have been told that if I get the Eibach Pro-Kit, or any other springs that drop it 1.25-1.5 inches I will need shocks and struts, plus C&C Plates. I have no problem getting these things eventually, but everytime I try to save for it all something else comes up. I have enough to buy the springs right now, but if I have to wait until I have the other parts then the springs are going to slide down the priority list again. My question is, How many people on here have just installed springs that dropped their Mustang about 1.5inches, and did they have any problems?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Benstang02
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What is ABSOLUTELY necessary

Just order the springs and don't put them on untill you have the other stuff too.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

You will need a bumpsteer kit. Steeda.com has a great write up on it.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:49 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Benstang02

Just order the springs and don't put them on untill you have the other stuff too.
If I had $250 to voluntarily throw in the garage I would just save a few more pennies and buy the BBK TB Plenum Combo I've had my eyes on, since that will be atleast useful for now. I understand your point, I just have a list of things I want, and if the springs are going to cost me a fortune, then I will just hold off altogether.
ORIGINAL: 2VNA

You will need a bumpsteer kit. Steeda.com has a great write up on it.
Are you saying this is the only thing I would need for now, or that I will need a bumpsteer kit with C&C plates?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
jlong00
1st Gear Member

You DO NOT have to upgrade CC plates, shocks, or any other suspension component if you are going with any lowering kit <1.5". If you decide to go with a more significant drop (H&R 2", Eibach Sportline), you WILL need additional susp. components to support the drastic change.

If your looking for a cheap out, go with either the FRPP C Springs ($140 - 1.25" drop front, .75" rear), or the Eibach Pro-Kit ($239 - 1.5" f/r)

Suspension upgrades can be as cheap, or as costly as you want to make them - either way, you'll get rid of the 4x4 look.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:57 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

you might as well wait until you have all the stuff you want for your suspension because installing shocks and struts and springs involves removing a lot of the same parts.

teh ford racing springs are pretty cheap at jegs.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

you might as well wait until you have all the stuff you want for your suspension because installing shocks and struts and springs involves removing a lot of the same parts.
teh ford racing springs are pretty cheap at jegs.
I really think this is the method I am going to go with for that reason. Since my car has 40k miles on it, it is probably due for new shocks and struts anyways. I'm really trying to get out of buying C&C plates. I've made up my mind that I definitely want the Pro-Kit from Eibach since I think that is the perfect drop, and a respectable name.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

you're gonna scrape on EVERYTHING.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

The pro-kit drops 1.25 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. I think you are thinking of the Sport-kit that drops it 2' all the way around.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:31 PM
jlong00
1st Gear Member

Absolutely. If you are planning on upgrading the additional parts, there is no better time to do it than when the majority of the components are already off the car. I was just saying that the additional upgrades aren't required if you're trying to get out as cheap as possible.

Quick Reply: What is ABSOLUTELY necessary