4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

sound clips

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 05:57 AM
agr3ss1on

Default sound clips

where can i find sound clips for mid pipes headers and exhaust respectively? i'm really looking for a certain type of sound and would love to hear some clips.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
memphissfinest
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: sound clips

mustangexhuast.com
Old 06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Master
3rd Gear Member

try doing a few different searches here, they have alot of sound clips, i wish there was a sticky section on exhaust sounds tho
Old 06-06-2006, 09:01 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Master

try doing a few different searches here, they have alot of sound clips, i wish there was a sticky section on exhaust sounds tho
Yeah, that would be really cool if there was a sticky for sound clips. Too bad there isn`t one. Hopefully someone can make it a sticky.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Master
3rd Gear Member

true, and maybe more people would WANT to record how their car sounds to help people choose....
Old 06-11-2006, 02:30 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Master

true, and maybe more people would WANT to record how their car sounds to help people choose....
Well heres mine..... Only one i`ve recorded so far...
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...B644A5EA7C.htm
Old 06-11-2006, 02:32 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

sprostang your car sounds really good, how much was that pipe and are you pleased with the quality??? how was the install as in did it line up right, and do you have any check engine problem with it?

that's pretty much what I want to get eventually, either a catted H or X but the H sounds deeper... i need catted but by no means six of them! (97 GT)

and whereabouts in IL are you? I'm from downers grove
Old 06-11-2006, 02:42 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

sprostang your car sounds really good, how much was that pipe and are you pleased with the quality??? how was the install as in did it line up right, and do you have any check engine problem with it?

that's pretty much what I want to get eventually, either a catted H or X but the H sounds deeper... i need catted but by no means six of them! (97 GT)

and whereabouts in IL are you? I'm from downers grove
The MAC catted H was $360 The quality seems to be ok so far. The flowmaster 40 series catback sounds good but the quality sucks. Its aluminized steel which will rust out in time. Everything lined up fine when installed. I had a shop do it because I didn`t have time to do it myself. No problem with the CEL.
Im up in McHenry county. Pretty far from where you are.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:01 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

yeah you are far away. That sounds like a pretty good pipe. I got flowmaster 40s as well on my car and I just totally freaking hate the stock 6 cats. When I floor it... it doesn't really get louder. I need less cats!

I MAY save up eventually and get a midpipe and new cat back like LM2 and then have this one excellent exhaust shop I know install it for me
Old 06-11-2006, 03:08 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

yeah you are far away. That sounds like a pretty good pipe. I got flowmaster 40s as well on my car and I just totally freaking hate the stock 6 cats. When I floor it... it doesn't really get louder. I need less cats!

I MAY save up eventually and get a midpipe and new cat back like LM2 and then have this one excellent exhaust shop I know install it for me
Keep your flows on, get a catted H and you will be surprised on how it sounds. Believe me, you will like it.
Major difference with a new mid pipe.

Quick Reply: sound clips