4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
fordfreakfallon

Default Help!

Help! I own a 2004 Mustang GT and am having trouble with it. It first started with my front left tire "humming" really loud when I would drive my car. I noticed that the inside of that tire was wearing, so I decided to order new tires and get an alignment. I got my new tires put on and an alignment, but my left front tire is still "humming" pretty loud. The tire shop where I got my alignment said that they couldn't align my car 100%, and now my steering wheel isn't even straight. The only time that my tire isn't humming is when i am turning the steering wheel left. Not only that, but my steering also seems to be loose now. Does anyone have a clue as to what can be wrong? Thanks, Fallon
Old 06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!

Did you get a car fax report and see if it has been crashed. That's the only thing I can think of.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
fordfreakfallon

Hi, I bought my car brand spankin' new and it's never been wrecked. It's just so frustrating. My car is still under warranty, so I'm probably going to take it into the dealership tomorrow. I just want to know what it might be, because I don't want the mechanics to come up with some lame excuse and try to trick me since I am a female. My car currently has 24,500 miles.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfreakfallon

Hi, I bought my car brand spankin' new and it's never been wrecked. It's just so frustrating. My car is still under warranty, so I'm probably going to take it into the dealership tomorrow. I just want to know what it might be, because I don't want the mechanics to come up with some lame excuse and try to trick me since I am a female. My car currently has 24,500 miles.
My guess is either the tire, the alignment, or a wheel bearing.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

I know someone that bought a 6 cil and it had fallen off the truck and they fixed it then shiped it to another dealer and sold it to her as brand new. She has friend in the auto body bis and they showed her the problems and she got her money back + some. I would take it to ford and then a body shop and have it checked out if you continue to have problems.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:47 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfreakfallon

that woulda been the first thing ida done.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:47 PM
MooseStang88
2nd Gear Member

Don't knoiw what could be making the noise, but I know you can call Goodyear and get partial refund on your tire since the car is new and low mileage. That is if you bought new tires. When I first bought mine I had a weird problem with the tire. the Ford dealership charged me full price on the tire, and I called Goodyear to complain. They said to fax them the dealer invoice showing my mileage and the price of the tire. They ended up giving me about 2/3 of my money back.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
fordfreakfallon

Thanks, but I don't think that it's the tire. I had the stock goodyears on when just recently my left front started humming. At the time I did think that it was the tires, because the humming was so loud that I thought that all four tires were humming. After purchasing new tires and putting them on, the humming still hasn't stopped. I had someone else drive my car and noticed that the humming was only coming from the left front. I guess that I'll just have to leave the mechanics to find the problem. Thanks again.