4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:51 PM
foned

Default H pipe

Im thinking about getting an Hpipe, what kind should i get and about how much would you estimate the cost with installation?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:57 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: H pipe

Most of the members on here have MAC H-pipes. They tend to make very quality H pipes, good quality and sound good too.

Most either have the MAC Prochamber, or a regular MAC H-pipes, also either catted or o/r. Gains will be the same, just get the one you think sounds the best.

As far as installation, I would honestly try it yourself, its really not that hard and you will save otherwise wasted money. Installation, my guess they would charge about 1 hour or so, maybe 2, so your looking at about $150 just to install the thing. Plus, depending on if you go catted (Around $350) or offroad (Around $160). So totals could be anywhere from $450 to $300.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:06 PM
foned

We'll i have no garage, no real tools, and its hot as hell outside, and i live on a pretty main street. I dont really have any friends with any of that stuff either. Plus i dont know alot about cars in general so i figure ill just get it installed. theres a shop near me i got magnaflow mpacks installed and i like the place the guy gives hook ups if you pay in cash and dont ask for a receipt. I just dont know if they only do mufflers or if they do mid pipes too. anyway, thanks for your help.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:28 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Well in that case, then sure get it installed. If he did your catback for you, he would definitely do your midpipe. Its part of the exhaust.

Just trying to give you some other options. But if thats what needs to be done, get it installed and just be happy. You will love the new sound!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 AM
foned

yea i hope so, thanks for your help ;] i just cant remember if it was a a muffler shop or an exhaust shop lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:27 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

muffer shops do mid pipes. go to midas
Old 06-26-2006, 02:58 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

where you from dude there is a place in countryside, IL on joliet road... james dean muffler and brake.

Jimmy there (the owner) he is THE **** for custom exhaust fabrication. He made it for our impala and it is better than factory, and he has no problem bolting in parts like you have. Pretty much an exhaust God

I'm definitely using his shop again if I ever need exhaust work again
Old 06-26-2006, 04:28 AM
CarlessAndy
2nd Gear Member

Do not go to a chain muffler shop to get an o/r midpipe put in. They will not do it and it will be a waste of your time because it is not legal to do.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 AM
foned

I'm in citrus heights, CA (near sac) Im not going to get an o/r i want my car street legal i cant afford any more tickets. Im pretty sure the guy i know will do the hpipe hes a really cool guy.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:15 PM
JasonUGA

In Mustangs Unlimited Catalog it says MAC ProChamber H-Pipe is for cars @ 440+ HP. It also references a 3" diameter. Is there a ProChamber H-Pipe that is 2 1/2" and fit for a lower modified GT?

Quick Reply: H pipe