4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

magnaflow vs. flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: magnaflow vs. flowmaster

oh, i can totally understand people thinking that a catted x and lm1 is too loud, totally understandable..but, you misunderstood what I said about the vette...we get nods, as in liek "nice car" or "sounds good" nods from guys in vettes..we dont ask to race or act liek we want to, hes got a CAI, and o/r h and lm1..and deep dish bullits and 295s out back..he knows what his car can and cant do lol
Old 07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Swiss White Cobra

are the Magnapack only louder or also deeper?
They are louder than magnaflows. Kinda like LM 2`s
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
JimboGT01
3rd Gear Member

FLOWS FTW!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

my car came with flows on it and i like the way they sound but like some one said in higher rpms it gets kind of weak sounding..so eventually when i get around to buying exhaust i will probably get some slp lm1 or 2 havent desided yet.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

All I would ever run would be Flowmaster. I love the sound, and mine doesnt "crap out" at high rpm's. In fact mine is very deep, especially when I let off the gas while in second for example. its a very deep rumble. You can here me coming from a mile away.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

i think flowmasters need to have minimal crap in front of them to sound better at high RPM. every vehicle I've heard them on with little or no catalytic converters they sound great. the 6 stock cats. on my SN95 kinda silences them out at higher rpm[:@]

o/r H here we come
Old 07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

I agree with monkeydude. I've had a couple of configurations on my car.... flows with stock pipe, flows with o/r x, straightpiped with stock pipe, and straight piped with o/r x....... by far my fav was the complete straightpipe (no muffs and no cats), it sounded mean as hell and I got comments on it EVERY where. And i would say packs come closer to that straight piped sound than flows do.... i did put my flows back in though cause after a couple of 85+mph road trips it'll leave your head ringing so right now i got the flows with the o/r x.... to get a good sounds up in the rpms with flows you def need an o/r x or h.... Its still louder than most stangs i hear on the road, just not as head turning as before.

Bottomline: get packs if you want a loud/headturner, get flows if you want just a good overall/classic/moderatly loud sound
Old 07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

1 word! FLOWMASTER!!!!!!! I think every muscle car should come with these from the factory. Just my Opinion but a magnaflow on a mustang idling or taking off sounds too much like an import. The have a bumble bee sound. Just my opinion, not wanting to **** anybody off that has them. I prefer the deep tones with the flows. and the Drone going down the highway! Awesome. My cousin can hear me for miles in the country at night. A real attention getter!!! Go with the Flow!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:46 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

i had an o5 v6 with mac headers, h pipe and magnapack and it did sound bumble bee ish....now no doubt it was loud and deep but still bumble bee ish and i thought it was just because of the v6 but i heard a gt with them and they still have that same tone just louder and alittle more v8 rumble.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:50 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

i think i might go with a prochamber or h and see how that sounds before i change my whole exhaust i like the weld ins they look stock. I would go with o/r mid pipes but emissions sucks and i cant.[:@]

Quick Reply: magnaflow vs. flowmaster