4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

need help with chin spoiler install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 04:36 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: need help with chin spoiler install...

Mine came with just THREE plastic push-pins. I went out and bought 15-18 more (just grabbed a handful, I know I needed at least 12 more).

Line it up ahead of time, you have two choices. You can have it flush with the wheel wells... however when it is like this, it will be set back from the edge of the front bumper almost an inch... some like the way it looks, but to me, that makes it look totally pointless.

Alternatively, you can line it up with the front of the bumper, in this case, there will be about an inch gap again from the wheel well to the start of the chin spoiler, this doesn't look too bad... and on the front, you can see what it was really designed to look like it was supposed to be doing: deflecting air up to the radiator.

Use masking tape or some other weak tape to hold it in place... Just go around and put a bunch of little pieces around as you line it up... once you have it lined up and held up with tape, climb underneath and start drilling holes. I started with the one in the center, then did the outermost on each (double-checking alignment before drilling)... then worked my way to the center. I forget what size drill bit I used. Just drill a hole in a junk piece of cardbord that is lying around and try to push one of the push pins though... if it fits, you've got the right size... 1/2" comes to mind, but try it on cardboard first.

After you have all the pins securely in place, you can remove your tape and congradulate yourself on a nice installation... now just be careful not to get wax on the chin spoiler when you're waxing down low [:@]
Old 08-03-2006, 03:01 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: need help with chin spoiler install...

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

droptop...you should get a chin spoiler man....they go OH so well with teh deep forrest green
i've got one laying on my garage floor. Its just been to damn hot to even think about playing with the car.