4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS STANG??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 AM
skatei2452

Default DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS STANG??

Whats up guys. I just found this mustang online, and I HAVE to know what was done to it to make it look like that, and links would be nice too cuz its SO beautiful.

Help me out!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:39 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS STANG??

Looks like it has those CDC quater window panels for one. And I think I see Roush sideskirt with side exhaust but I could be wrong.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:42 AM
ousooner28
3rd Gear Member

dont forget the top comes off

that looks like it cost more than its worth
Old 08-04-2006, 03:42 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

I think it's a convertible. There is some company out there that makes these hardtop attachments that make the car look like it's a hardtop. That's probably the site that made that half piece that goes in the back. I seen the site in one of the MM&FF mags. Wish I could tell you more.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:43 AM
JonBeast

Other than the targa top and the 1/4 panel scoops....all it has visually is wheels/suspension, and small mods like bumper inserts and smoked tails. And a ghetto side exhaust.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: SikGT

I think it's a convertible. There is some company out there that makes these hardtop attachments that make the car look like it's a hardtop. That's probably the site that made that half piece that goes in the back. I seen the site in one of the MM&FF mags. Wish I could tell you more.
Very interested....find out more!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Mods:
Ugly wheels
Targa top (just cut a big section of your roof out... tada)
The c-pillars appear to be windowless, and have a scoop over them (don't know where you would find this).
Side exit exhaust (which looks cheaply done to me... looks like you can see the pipe going all the way down the side, I don't really like it... plus, I think the rear exit looks better)

Looks like they can do body work, obviously because the rear bumper has the little cutouts for the rear exhaust missing, and the c-pillars again have no windows. Some of the things they have done are pretty cool though, they have hid the turbos behind the side scoops, and the scoops feed the turbos... Neat spot, but I don't like the idea of where they are relative to inside the car... No more back seat (not like it was useful anyway).

Edit: I don't think it's a vert... it's too hard to tell, though:

Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 AM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

you DONT want a car like that. its idiotic to make a mustang with the roof removable like a T top or something. reason being, the car loses alot of structural integrity. if you ever wonder why a vert weighs more, its because the car needs extra crap to keep it stable.

you hack off the top of a coupe, and your asking for crap
Old 08-04-2006, 03:49 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Mods:
Ugly wheels
Targa top (just cut a big section of your roof out... tada)
The c-pillars appear to be windowless, and have a scoop over them (don't know where you would find this).
Side exit exhaust (which looks cheaply done to me... looks like you can see the pipe going all the way down the side, I don't really like it... plus, I think the rear exit looks better)

Looks like they can do body work, obviously because the rear bumper has the little cutouts for the rear exhaust missing, and the c-pillars again have no windows. Some of the things they have done are pretty cool though, they have hid the turbos behind the side scoops, and the scoops feed the turbos... Neat spot, but I don't like the idea of where they are relative to inside the car... No more back seat (not like it was useful anyway).

Edit: I don't think it's a vert... it's too hard to tell, though:

Got any pics of the center console? Maybe we could see the convertible up/down button.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:50 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SikGT
Got any pics of the center console? Maybe we could see the convertible up/down button.
Oh good call, you're a genius Confirmed, it's a coupe.

Edit: Ugliest shift boot... ever.

Quick Reply: DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS STANG??