4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what is in my car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 01:44 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Default what is in my car?

Okay, I just got an 01 GT a few weeks ago and I thought that it only had a CAI on it, (being a very noticable mod), I didn't have the knowledge earlier to know what else could be non-stock either, so I have a bunch of pictures here because I made a few discoveries today, can anyone please help me identify the TB/plenum (is it aftermarket, what brand, is it good?), I think i have a MAC CAI (but where is the airfilter), and also the UDP (it looks aftermarket because of the holes in it, is this true?? what brand?) and also I took the boot off the shifter b/c it felt very short throw and it looks aftermarket as well (inscripted with "kona", is this a brand? or is it even aftermarket?) and right next to the shifter under the boot I found a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal, i've read that people use these after getting new gears to recalibrate the speedometer, can anyone tell me a little more about that. I think i might have new gears because I used that gear/speed calculator earlier b/c my RPM's seem way higher than normal at 70 mph 5th gear (2500rpm), (in the calculator that is 4.10 gears with my tranny). Anyway, sorry this is a huge post but I just want to find out really whats in my new car, im curious to know about my equipment. The previous owner may have done more work on it than I thought. Any replies would be helpful. the pictures might be kinda large.

TB/plenum

Underdrive Pulley

SpeedCal

Shifter

A close up of shifter inscription

CAI

Old 08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what is in my car?

It's a C&L TB and plenum for one, gears since you have a speed calibrator, a shifter from www.konaracing.com probably with a pro 5.0 base, and possible the MAC CAI.

you can go to www.dallasmustang.com and learn more about that. As for the gear ratio, not sure. Opening up the dallas mustang box, you can figure out what code it set. They have switches inside that black box. You can figure it out that way. There site should have a breakdown of the settings, then you can figure out what it is. Also they sometimes mark it inside(3.73, 4.10) inside the box. Just some info
Old 08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
98HossGT
2nd Gear Member

looks like your car has some nice mods already
Old 08-11-2006, 01:55 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

thanks, I'm really unsure about everything in there. I wouldn't know what a stock rear end gearing would feel like, but I must have 4.10's if its at 2500 on the highway according to that calculator.

http://www.tchracing.com/tech/gearca...selectedgear=5

does anyone know about that UDP? it looks after market compared to the pictures on steeda.com
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 AM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

you have the same plenum ive got, C & L very good. looks like a bbk throttle body, your air filter will be inside your federwall, also looks like you have a new mass air flow sensor. Im not to sure about the pulleys though. you've definatly have different gears, and your shifter doesn't look aftermarket but not sure just never heard of kona. just curious how much did you pay that things motor looks brand new, so is the outside in just as good condition or what?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:57 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

it looks like a BBK throttle body with the c&L plenum... also some sort of underdrive pullies, i cant tell. what exhuast does your car have on it? should be a pretty quick car for what is done to it.. haha.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I just went to dallas mustangs site. If you click on the left pane under Technical information and then click on Speedcal It'll show you the pin settings. They are actually dip switch settings. Just read the top portion and then the bottom portion. Open the case and look at those switches. You'll definately be able to determine what it is.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

did you take a look at your exhaust
Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Yea, with the mods you showered there, there is a good chance u have exhaust as well, if you don't mind me askin what did you pay for it?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:03 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

oh okay, thanks a lot. I'm discovering new things everyday, the dealer was selling it for $10,997 but the headlight lamps were all foggy (i bet you know how they get, all corroded and such) so they dropped it 100 bucks to pay for one new one, (we paid for the other), then they dropped it 500 more dollars to hook up new tires, since the rear nitto's were almost bald, (and still are, i haven't gotten new ones yet). So it ended up being around 10,300. The exterior is in pretty good condition too, theres like one scratch on the rear left though, hardly noticable and leather seats and all that... i think i got a pretty good deal??

Quick Reply: what is in my car?