4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Should Hypothetical Questions Be Banned From The Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 03:57 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Should Hypothetical Questions Be Banned From The Forum?

no way in hell should these be banned.

i am also one of those noobs and reading those types of questions really help out, no matter how many there are. if you dont like it, dont click on them, its really that simple. noone is making you read every post in every thread.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:00 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

ahhhh im back.........home sweet home!!!! :-) so what i miss?? LOL
Old 08-25-2006, 04:00 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Definetly not!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:08 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

I originally posted this with the mindset of getting a better feel for the group and to see how certain people would respond. However, after reading some of the more intuitive posts, I think that I have discovered something that I wasn't expecting. I understand the "giggly" feeling that Code was talking about and I kind of agree with 2000GT4.6 in that eliminating all hypothetical questions from any forum would severely limit said forums educational and informative value. What I discovered is that you guys take this forum very seriously in a matter that some would call an extension of your own "little world". There is a "hierarchy" in the form of people who have thousands of posts and a sub-title which leads others to believe that there is knowledge and wisdom behind the title. I personally feel that such "blind" trust is unnerving. But, I post just like everyone else with my comments and suggestions about other peoples problems. Most of the time, as an experienced Mustang enthusiast, I know what I am talking about. Some times I post speculation. Some times I just wing it and hope I'm right. No one knows everything, but everyone knows nothing.

I have clicked on hypothetical questions and have even responded to a few. In retrospect, I suppose it is fine to have Noobies or anyone else post questions that no one can really give an accurate response to. What real harm does it cause anyways?

After all, we were all Noobies once.

[sm=closed.gif]
Old 08-25-2006, 04:10 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

I originally posted this with the mindset of getting a better feel for the group and to see how certain people would respond. However, after reading some of the more intuitive posts, I think that I have discovered something that I wasn't expecting. I understand the "giggly" feeling that Code was talking about and I kind of agree with 2000GT4.6 in that eliminating all hypothetical questions from any forum would severely limit said forums educational and informative value. What I discovered is that you guys take this forum very seriously in a matter that some would call an extension of your own "little world". There is a "hierarchy" in the form of people who have thousands of posts and a sub-title which leads others to believe that there is knowledge and wisdom behind the title. I personally feel that such "blind" trust is unnerving. But, I post just like everyone else with my comments and suggestions about other peoples problems. Most of the time, as an experienced Mustang enthusiast, I know what I am talking about. Some times I post speculation. Some times I just wing it and hope I'm right. No one knows everything, but everyone knows nothing.

I have clicked on hypothetical questions and have even responded to a few. In retrospect, I suppose it is fine to have Noobies or anyone else post questions that no one can really give an accurate response to. What real harm does it cause anyways?

[sm=closed.gif]

Perfectly put.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:17 AM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

90% of the noob questions are because were paranoid, were paranoid to make the car look like crap, or put junk on it, or we get idiotic ideas that we need to have shot down just so we dont screw stuff up, and we do listen to the guys like code and 2000gt because they have 6000 posts, we figure they have been around awhile and seen and learned most of the things we need to know, im just rambling now
Old 08-25-2006, 04:25 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Yeah. We all dont really know what we're talking about but we all need eachother to gain knowledge. We all know a little bit of something that no one else knows so thats why we're on here is to learn what everyone else knows.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:26 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

and to learn from their mistakes...............so you guys will be learning alot from me!!! LOL
Old 08-25-2006, 04:38 AM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

well i can tell you anything you need to know about rhino linings, to bad it has nothing to do with mustangs
Old 08-25-2006, 08:51 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

[sm=closed.gif]

One thing that needs to be pointed out here, espcially in 4.6, is the fact that some people DO blindly trust the information that is passed on here. It has long been my opinion that you need to STFU if you do not have personal experence or at least definitive knowledege about the subject you are talking about.

Lately there is more and more misinformation in 4.6 about performance, routes people should take, and tech information in general. Something you have heard from a friend who has a guy that walks his dog that knows a mechanic is not definitive knowledge.

People should realise that some people do not have local shops that know anything about 2v 4.6L cars, and depend onthis forum to get information and opinions on modifications and parts. Think about it before you tell someone to buy a part, act like its your own money you could be wasting. If you don't know for 100 percent sure either mention that when you are speaking or keep quiet. There is more pure BS laid out as god given truth in this forum than any other on this site.

BTW, I am speaking from personal experence here. I would not have made the mistake of going with stage 2 n/a cams had I not used this forum for information. Had I used only this forum for information when buying my supercharger I would still be saving up for a KB 1.7L instead of owning one of those "laggy" vortech models

Quick Reply: Should Hypothetical Questions Be Banned From The Forum?