4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Do you like your LMI's????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default Do you like your LMI's????

I am thinking about putting LMI's on my car soon. I was just wondering what you guys that have LMI's think about them on your car. Are they too excessively loud, or is it tolerable? Also what mid-pipe, do you have cuz i have a prochamber and i wonder if that wil make a little more quiet. Anyway give me your personal feedback please.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you like your LMI's????

alright i know some of you guys have LMI's
Old 08-31-2006, 12:07 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

I love my lm1's but I also have a slp midpipe with cats which makes not as raspy. Another thing I like is there not overly loud when your not on them just idle and more of just a pure mean bark when you rev it or get on it. Though you have the prochamber every combination sounds different but I'm sure it would sound good. All in all I'm used to the sound enough where I dont think it is loud but everyone else can still hear it, just my opinion. I also have extra set of lm1's for sale brand new in the box Hope this helps Dan-
Old 08-31-2006, 12:15 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

ok that's good, i was just worried that they would be toooo loud.

How much are you going to sell that set for?
Old 08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

It'll be loud in your car I can tell you that much, ecspecially since you have a vert.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

ya that's what i am worried about....anybody on here with a vert that has LMI"s???
Old 08-31-2006, 01:20 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

I bought the lm'1 for my vert, i had a o/r x pipe before that, when i installed them was cool, but way too loud, i could hear anything inside my car, so i sold them and i got the lm2's, i really recomend you to get the lm'2 they sound a little bit deeper than th lm'1 anyway, i like the that sound better but that's me, you can check my sig i have a video there, i guess lm'1 are good for coupes, but they are a no no for ragtops.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: d3mon

I bought the lm'1 for my vert, i had a o/r x pipe before that, when i installed them was cool, but way too loud, i could hear anything inside my car, so i sold them and i got the lm2's, i really recomend you to get the lm'2 they sound a little bit deeper than th lm'1 anyway, i like the that sound better but that's me, you can check my sig i have a video there, i guess lm'1 are good for coupes, but they are a no no for ragtops.
well you also had an o/r x with the lm1s..if she has a catted prochamber with them, it shouldn't be bad
Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albizo66

ORIGINAL: d3mon

well you also had an o/r x with the lm1s..if she has a catted prochamber with them, it shouldn't be bad
Exactly She shouldn't have that much of an issue I think if you get the lm2's your going to want more out of them. The cat back I have is for 99-04 so it would not fit your car stangchik sorry
Old 08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

true that sometimes i do, i want it louder, but the same sometimes i wish i had stock exhaust specialy when i get out of my gf house really late and i tunr on the car, i guess if you have the stock mid pipe or a catted one you will be allright with the lm1s, i could not handle them i my vert though

Quick Reply: Do you like your LMI's????