4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

has this even been asked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: has this even been asked?

only a fact in 10 second and faster cars but what i think you really meant to say is its a fact that automatic's are more consistant therefore most of the time faster and also in my opinion WEAK (not structural integrity because they are way stronger than any 5 or 6spd i know of) and not real racing as where a 5spd is real racing and less consistant because its all driver when you actually have to do some work and feather the pedals and actually drive your own vehicle and not have a computer drive it for you but if i were racing for a living or doing bracket racing i would definately go with an auto but for a street car nothing beats being able to tell you car what its going to do
Old 08-31-2006, 10:38 PM
chilledfresh
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

only a fact in 10 second and faster cars but what i think you really meant to say is its a fact that automatic's are more consistant therefore most of the time faster and also in my opinion WEAK (not structural integrity because they are way stronger than any 5 or 6spd i know of) and not real racing as where a 5spd is real racing and less consistant because its all driver when you actually have to do some work and feather the pedals and actually drive your own vehicle and not have a computer drive it for you but if i were racing for a living or doing bracket racing i would definately go with an auto but for a street car nothing beats being able to tell you car what its going to do
Exactly, and then there's the transmission for people who sit in traffic every day, like me... [8D]
Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

lol good point man my DD is an auto, i took my stang to the beach once through the Los Angeles traffic holy crap man 3 hours of stop and go for 25 miles i thought my calf and knee were done for
ORIGINAL: chilledfresh

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

Exactly, and then there's the transmission for people who sit in traffic every day, like me... [8D]