4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Look!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Default Look!!!!

Out of curiosity I looked this up on superchargersonline.com Price is 2900 bucks. I know it isnt a kb and it has no intercooler, but it seems to me that it would give me a nice performance boost and is relatively inexpensive. Gimme your thoughts....

James

Complete and ready to run!

Each Vortech supercharging system is designed, tested, and sold to be installed on vehicles in their original or otherwise stock form. They are engineered to deliver maximum performance and long-term engine durability at safe boost levels on stock engines. By taking into consideration variables such as the intended use, climate, altitude, and design parameters of stock engines, Vortech supercharging systems deliver proven performance.

Kit Includes

Vortech supercharging systems deliver maximum value for your performance dollar. Most system is 100% complete, right down to the wire ties.

Compressor matched, computer aided designed and machined Vortech centrifugal supercharger
3.60” Supercharger Pulley
6 Rib Pulley Retainer Assembly
High flow air intake system with a K&N air filter and specially formed polypropylene plastic inlet ducts for minimum restriction and superior fit
255 Walbro Fuel Pump
38lbs Fuel Injectors
ECM Chip Package
Heat resistant silicone hose coupling
Premium grade flex hose
Stainless Steel Clamps
Carefully designed and flow tested cast aluminum and/or roto molded urethane air Discharge Tubing
Compressor By-pass Valve
OEM style single cast 356 aluminum Mounting Brackets heat-treated to T-6 specifications for strength
Integrated Belt Tensioner
Premium Drive Belt
Heavy-duty Mounting Hardware
Tie Wraps
Heavy-duty engine oil lubrication system
Step-by-step, fully illustrated Installation Manual
3-year limited warranty on most systems

50 State Emission Legal

Each Vortech supercharging system, unless otherwise noted, meets both the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) requirements for classification as 50 state emissions legal under CARB EO # D-213-17.

Maintenance

Vortech supercharging systems feature a heavy-duty engine oil lubrication system ensuring a fresh supply of oil to the supercharger bearings and gears. This ensures maximum durability with virtually no maintenance. In fact, when you change your engine oil, you change the supercharger oil. Owning a Vortech supercharging system is as easy as following factory maintenance schedules and running premium unleaded fuel.

Warranty

Most Vortech street supercharging systems include a standard 3-year limited warranty.

Performance Stats Stock w/ V4FL218-130S
2000-2004 Ford Mustang GT
HP (Peak) 260 364
Torque (ft. lbs.) (Peak) 302 371

Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Look!!!!

Ok this is what I did to get a great deal on my kit went to http://www.musclemotors.com and got a tuner kit call for the price then went to www.buyfordracing.com and got my injectors maf then buy a svt focus fuel pump get a tune and you are all set the tune that comes with the vortech kit sucks also when you get your kit tell them you want a 3.33 pullie that will put you at 10 psi at redline
Old 09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

You'll want an intercooler if you want to increase boost levels at all, or do back to back passes at the track.

The centrifugal blowers seem to do real well on the 2V cars, and they don't make as much boost down low as a KB or whipple, so they are easier to keep traction with. Local guy here has a 2V vortech blower, intercooled, built motor fom VT, etc running 618 rwhp.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:45 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Can I add an intercooler later on? Use this as something to hold me over for the time being.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

yes you can run it that way for the time being, what you are looking at is what i have. I want an i/c but it is ok for now. Be advised, that if you request the 3.33 pulley, or any other, it may void oyu warranty. It may be different if vortech puts it on for you, so ask if you want a smaller pulley, make sure you get the correct size belt. You will want to take it somewhere to get it tuned, i wouldnt trust the canned tune either. you should get about 360rw, then any add ons will be that much better. I am a little over 400 w/o an i/c, saving for one, then should get another 20-30 but then getting close to the limits. good luck on whatever you decide, you will love it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

yeah....I just don't like the idea of non intercooled boost. but I'm conservative...esp when it comes to my motor. I'm saving to build the motor up or buy a cobra before I boost
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Thanks for all your help guys. So lets say I bought the kits just as it is for a little lesss than 3k how much power do you think I will honestly make at the wheels on a stock car like mine and also longevity issues(blower & motor)
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doughboy4.6

Ok this is what I did to get a great deal on my kit went to http://www.musclemotors.com and got a tuner kit call for the price then went to www.buyfordracing.com and got my injectors maf then buy a svt focus fuel pump get a tune and you are all set the tune that comes with the vortech kit sucks also when you get your kit tell them you want a 3.33 pullie that will put you at 10 psi at redline
Just curious as to what you had total in your setup.