4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Think this is to much tint for cali??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:25 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

Default Think this is to much tint for cali??

If you look in my sig that my window tint. Before i got the GT i had a white v6 stang so i was going to put them on that, but i found my GT before they got here. So i was just wondering if the smoked out tint from autobadges and my window tint might draw to much attention to my car.... i.e cops.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Think this is to much tint for cali??

you have limo on the front? are you from SoCal or NorCal?...because EVERYONE in SoCal has limo on their front windows AND smoked tails so i dont think the cops care down there
Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

I live in central cali. So i guess ill put them on and see what happens, lol
Old 10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

lol...the front windows are kinda dark but the 50% tint will be fine for the tails...and your car looks lowered no?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Cops only care in Cali if your doing something suspitious (sp) or wrong! If you don't bother them then they won't bother you.... "Like Bee's" A whole lotta pestering but no stinging. I had my cars tinted for 9 years in the Valley, ( thats the one by LA not grape country either! lol ) Granada Hills/Northridge. The moment I moved to Michigan and started hangin with street racers, I got a fix-it ticket! It's all about what your doing, where your doing it at and do you need to be in the area your in....

Tint if your a good kid,
Don't tint if your a bad kid!

or If you've got an extra 160 bucks "80ticket + 80 retint" lying around and you a bad kid... Do it anyway! That is if you dont have any parafanailia (sp) on ya!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:34 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

lol!!!.
lol...the front windows are kinda dark but the 50% tint will be fine for the tails...and your car looks lowered no?
As far as i know it is stock. I just got it like 2 or 3 weeks ago. ill go look at the springs later.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:42 PM
WhiteFaleen2001
2nd Gear Member

In SoCal, cops do care about the smoked tail lights more so than the tint. because I know more people that have gotten tickets for their tail lights then that of their tint. The tint is for their own safety so that is understandable. I have a smoked license plate cover on my car and have gone by all sorts of cops. Cruiser, bikes, chp, local, sheriff, dare and never been pulled over once. As long as you don't bother them, they won't bother you.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

I've been cruising around SD with limo tint, 5% iirc and so far no problems. If I see a cop looking to bust someone I just roll down my windows.

E.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:52 PM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

I have limo all the way around.. all windows, and the bar on my windshield. Granted mine is a vert and even if my top is up, my front windows are usually down. Out of two speeding tickets and being directly next to/infront of cops with my windows rolled up, ive never been given a ticket for them. Im also ordering the 50% smoked for all the lights in the rear, and smoked headlights w/ clear corners.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:54 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

aight. Im going to put them on. No point in wasting them. Just trying to deciede if i should wait till i was my car in a couple days or just do it now.

Quick Reply: Think this is to much tint for cali??