4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

if its not one its another

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 PM
2green4red
2nd Gear Member

Default if its not one its another

So courtesy of another member, I was going into the garage to fiddle with the intake on the Mach, which had me walk past the driver front of my GT (I don't normally walk past that corner) and low and behold some MORON while backing out rubbed the corner. I got quite a bit off with just a wet cloth, doesn't appear to be any scratching, but I need to get the rest off. The GT was showroom perfect when I got it, and I want to get it back that way without having to take it to a bodyshop.

I assume that a good wax will help rub the rest off while using the wobble wheel but was curious what most of you guys use. Or if I'm off track, how should I do it? I really don't want to spend a fortune in 1 time use products, but, I need to get it off before I start throwing stuff......

Ironically, I work for a car insurance company, and it happened in the work parking lot. You would think since we are all in the business of dealing with people in this situation, we wouldn't put people in this situation......ah well......

Anyway, any thoughts or opinions are always appreciated....guess fiddling with the Mach will have to wait while I determine if the GT has to go to a shop.