4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mid pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 AM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

Default mid pipe question

ive got the slp lm1's on order and im debating to go with the or/ x or the o/r h...any advice? what kind of differences would i be lookin at sound and performance wise. thanks in advance to all replies
Old 11-15-2006, 03:19 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Default RE: mid pipe question

if u get an offroad x, at WOT, lets just say pull out the ear plugs, i have lm1s withh offroadx, and its LOUD
Old 11-15-2006, 03:35 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

Ive seen sparks/Fire with SLP LM IIs and O/R X pipe.

H pipe or more deep but the power X gives you is like 2 more if that.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

YOu think your neighbors'll hate you just with the LM1's? Throw on any o/r mid-pipe and your gonna end up blowing out windows and blowing out ear drums, including yours. Honesly though, if you want to go THAT loud, a daily driving drag racer, then go ahead. But good luck...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:00 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Loud dosn't always mean it sounds nice. I know a guy that ran pretty much just straight pipes and man this thing was LOUD..... but it sounded real raspy and that wasn't appealing to me.

Mine is loud at WOT but its not raspy. At a cruise or idle its like a low deep rumbling drone.

My Exhuast

Ford Motorsport Racing Headers

Mac O/R H-Pipe

Flow 40s
Old 11-15-2006, 11:01 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

O/R X + LM I's = bleeding ears
O/R H + LM I's = ringing ears

Both will still be loud, but the X is just too loud for me. I would think about getting the MAC O/R Prochamber... might give you what your lookin for.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:00 PM
leglocking101
2nd Gear Member

hell yea thats what im getting the O/R prochamber and some LM1's
Old 11-15-2006, 07:20 PM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

i DONT want the raspy sound..im lookin for it to sound loud, deep and mean as hell..or like an older muscle car if you can get my drift. ive never actually heard a prochamber in person.. ive also been told by a few ppl that i shouldnt get any kind of h-pipe cuz it wont improve my times at the tracks (even though ive never been) b/c it doesnt flow as well as an x pipe ..i dunno if thats right or not at all.. but i do want to make the car faster as well as sound better than it does stock. i do plan on getting headers, but thats gonna have to wait until i have the money set aside for them.

and based on the clips i listened to on muxtangexhaust.com i think the prochamber sounds better than the o/r h...but i dont want to make my decisions solely based on those sound clips. and i know this is a dumb question, but what do the MIL eliminators do and are they worth the extra 60 bucks?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

are you also considering the fact that an o/r midpipe is illegal almost everywhere?

as for the x vs. h argument, the x will give you a tad more HP, but it really isnt that much more,
and if you prefer the sound of the H more, then go for it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:58 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

X gives you a couple more ponies, H gives you a little more power down low, they balance out to be about equal. get whatever sound you want. i wouldn't recommend the o/r X though. i had LM1s with a catted X and that was digustingly loud. for LM1s, i'd recommend getting a catted midpipe. that's just me though.

Quick Reply: mid pipe question