4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Mustang Concept Released

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:22 PM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

Default New Mustang Concept Released

Pics are big, sorry

Ford today unveiled the Mustang Giugiaro concept — a one-off design study by Fabrizio Giugiaro, styling director of Italdesign. Ford officials aren't saying anything, but there's speculation in the automotive that Giugiaro concept might preview some aspects of the next-generation 'Stang.

Visually, the Mustang by Giugiaro appears more compact than the production car, thanks to a reduction of the rear overhang and a signature Giugiaro “trick” of tapering the angles on the car to the limit of its mechanical outlines. The vibrant orange concept is wider than the production version. The Giugiaros added 30 millimeters to the front, gradually expanding the width by a full 80 millimeters toward the rear.

The 500 horsepower car features a single curved glass panel that bridges the windshield and rear window, serving as the concept’s roof. Produced by Solutia of Detroit, the panel is made from a special type of crystal that filters out 100 percent of UVA rays while providing unfettered vista views. The car's doors open vertically, with hinges at the base of the upright A-pillar.

I'm not feeling the glass roof or any part of the back end. Other than those, it looks pretty sweet.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang Concept Released

i seen that and thought it looks like crap...especially in the rear...too futuristic looking for me
Old 11-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Partial repost. I actually like the glass roof. A bit over-the-top for a Mustang but it's still a cool idea. Those seats are lame. The front end/side is fine but they need to fix those damn tail lights.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:29 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Taillights, yes they suck imo. Did you see the exhaust?? Geez... triangular exhaust tips look like ****[&:][:'(]
Old 11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Well I like it
Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Its a concept to test reaction. Don't worry you won't be able to buy one. That pony-hide upholstery is awful. Dash has too much chrome and the tail lights are too quirky, they should all be the same height. The glass roof is impractical.

As far as the basic design I like it for the most part. Its sort of Retro-Futuristic. Can you have both in one car?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

More here :

http://seriouswheels.com/cars/top-20...ro-Concept.htm

E.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:14 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Concept or not, those taillights are nasty [:'(]

Front end kind of looks like the new challenger/camaro (not a bad thing IMO)

I like the side view. Its nice they put that hunch/muscle curve by the rear C pillar (if thats what its called)
Old 11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Bwahahaa...I can't look at the fur seats without laughing. Too pimpilicous for me. The glass roof is an interesting idea...not that I would want one on my DD, but it is interesting. The exhaust tips aren't too bad, IMO. The tail lights suck, we all agree on that. What about the suicide doors? Too back to the future for me. I love the basic design though, looks pretty badass.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Those are Lambo styled doors. Suicide would have them hinged onto the rear of the car and opening in the front.

Quick Reply: New Mustang Concept Released