4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

here i go again

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:59 AM
KaMiKaZiPosTMaN

Default here i go again

Well first off i'd like to thank everyone for there responces to my last post about the heads and all that (you guys know who you are...thankyou)...but now if i may.. i'd like to pick at your brains again...i have an SLP catted X-pipe and LM2 cat back installed on my car...and i am looking at completing the exhast with a nice pair of long tube headers from slp...i see that they sell 2 kinds...1. 1 3/4 inch headers for the 4 valve 4.6 mod motor (03/04 -mach1/ cobra)...2. 1 5/8 inch headers for the 2 valve (99-04 GT) engine....now i know there is only a 1/8 of an inch difference between the two...but if i wanted to (lol) what would stop me from putting on the 1 3/4 inch headers on my GT motor? any negative effects? i seriously doubt an 1/8 of an inch matters either way....but the more flow the better (at least this is what i have been told)...and as before...any feedback would be greatly apprechiated....thanks guys!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:04 AM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: here i go again

yeah, the lack of exhaust velocity would actually reduce the most hp you could get, and smaller primaries like that is what you need...your not pushing a large amount of exhaust to need that much room...they do test all the time and bigger is not better, it'll throw off as much as 10 hp...so i think 1/8 that'll net you 10 is worth it
Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 AM
KaMiKaZiPosTMaN

Default RE: here i go again

well that solves that.....1 5/8 inch headers it is...thanks for your quick feedback....i think i might just order them now..[sm=badbadbad.gif]