MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Black Stang Owners (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/218867-black-stang-owners.html)

StangLover18 12-16-2006 03:39 AM

Black Stang Owners

Do you ever regret buying black with it being so hard to keep clean and such?

I'm checking out Mustangs this weekend and am pretty unsure about black, as my old one was black and showed every tiny imperfection.

And what does everyone think of yellow?

sitnlopro99gt 12-16-2006 03:41 AM

RE: Black Stang Owners

I have had a black one before and it looks beautiful when clean dont get me wrong but in the sun it shows every little swirl etc and its dirty as soon as you wash it bascially. They look good but I personally am not going to do it again. just my .02

Steve04GT 12-16-2006 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: StangLover18

Do you ever regret buying black with it being so hard to keep clean and such?

I'm checking out Mustangs this weekend and am pretty unsure about black, as my old one was black and showed every tiny imperfection.

And what does everyone think of yellow?
Hmm yes I admit I do have clean it more often then any other car I have owned. But it is also my favorite and part of it is cause it is black. So in my opinion it is very worth it and i do not regret it. Black has to be one of the more popular mustang colors it is right up there with White,Red, and blue
black
Hell we got on our Website and club !! http://www.bmcforums.com/cmps_index.php

II 98 GT II 12-16-2006 03:48 AM

I love black cars. They look sooo good when clean. Bright lights are hell with the swirl marks and all.. but I guess thats what you get when your car is almost 9 years old[&:].

My car is black. When I buy my terminator, it will be black as well;).

OnyxCobra 12-16-2006 03:53 AM

I love my black stang. It's true, it's very hard to keep a black car looking good in the sun, but when you have a sick shine on it and it's in the shade, you cant touch the color IMO. My car was not taken care of well before i got it so my paint isnt the best, but i buffed it and polished it this year and kept it waxed and it looks a ton better. I dont know if I'd buy another black car for a daily driver, but for a fun car i love it. It does get dirty easy though, as does white, but when it's clean i dont think another color can touch it.

ToPNoTcH4.6 12-16-2006 04:04 AM

i love my black stang i love how it looks when it is clean but it is kinda a pain to keep clean but all well

Maldoror 12-16-2006 04:40 AM

I love my black Stang. Tough as hell to keep clean, but when it is, there is nothing that looks better. The color gives it a real mean look.[>:]

As for yellow, that would be my next choice. My other car is yellow, and I believe it's the nicest color for a sports car. And a hell of a lot easier to keep clean and shiny.[8D]

HaV 12-16-2006 04:42 AM

I loved my black cobra so much, I bought a black GT after I sold it. Lol.

Black is by far the purrtiest color when its clean, but you have to really love your car. If you dont love the car, you wont take care of it like it needs to be for it to really look good. Lots of other colors look good and are easier to keep clean.

geetee03 12-16-2006 04:45 AM

black is the meanest and fastest color out there. worth the work to keep it clean. but i hate seeing every little tiny stupid idiot scratch!

Quick Shot xMLx 12-16-2006 04:45 AM

I wish I had black. It truly is my favorite car color. Everything looks good in black(well better, the color can't fix an ugly car). I'm sure it's a lot of trouble to keep clean but I would be able to live with it:D