4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Close 'Run In' with a cop car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Close 'Run In' with a cop car!

This morning I wake up with about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground here in Washington. I look for school closures and my high school is canceled but my college opens at ten.I was hesitant to take the stang but went ahead and did it anywayz. It took me about 15-20 minutes to get to the end of my street which is less than a mile, yeah it was that bad, sliding everywhere. Roads were fine after my road and some other side streets until I pulled into the college where I slid completely sidewayz which was kind of fun. There was a wreck or something by the corner I usually have to take so I had to go the other way. there was a sheriffs car that was parked where there was just enough room for one car to go, so I am rolling probably 1-2 mph not even registering on my speedo and there we go sliding right into the cop car, I mean I was barely moving and started sliding! I had the brake to the floor and came about 1 inch of hitting him,I lined it up right behind his bumper some how. I wasn't even thinking I was gonna stop I just accepted it and was thinking what kind of damage is gonna happen and how I was gonna fix it. LOL. He was outside his car helping someone and all he was yelling was "don't hit my car". He was in plain clothes and I found out he was going to school! I'm pretty sure he's not supposed take his business car to school. All in all it just scared the **** out of me because I almost wrecked my baby. Well that is the last time I take my stang out in the snow.
Sorry about story time
Old 01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Close 'Run In' with a cop car!

Yea dude its hard to drive in the snow with the stang.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

where in WA, channel 8 the disaster channelcalled for snow but it didn't come. I am bout ten min from the or wa border.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

snow tires + posi = traction in snow

it hasnt snowed once here in CT.. usualy by now weve had a few 10in+ storms... its wierd. im glad i didnt buy snow tires.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

I'm about an hour south of Seattle. Yeah I could just picture myself, "man, I hit a cop car"[:@] I really couldn't beleive how close it was, I couldn't of got it closer if I tried, even in dry weather.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:49 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

In highschool it snowed one day and we didnt get let out early and i didnt even make it more then 10ft out of my parking spot before i couldnt move anymore... ULTRA SUPER MAX HIGH PERFORMANCE SUMMER TIRES !!!! w00t
Old 01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i get it done in the snow all the time, dont see a problem at all. Dunlop Winter Sport M3s.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 PM
devineju
1st Gear Member

Can someone give me a round about answer for HP gain for the following car/mods?

2002 Stang GT
MAC CAI
MAC Longtubes
Dynomac cats
40 series flows
3:73's in the rear

Thanks
Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 PM
MCanavan6
3rd Gear Member

are you serious? what does your post have anything to do with the title?
ORIGINAL: devineju

Can someone give me a round about answer for HP gain for the following car/mods?

2002 Stang GT
MAC CAI
MAC Longtubes
Dynomac cats
40 series flows

Thanks
Old 01-11-2007, 08:02 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MCanavan6

are you serious? what does your post have anything to do with the title?
ORIGINAL: devineju

2002 Stang GT
MAC CAI
MAC Longtubes
Dynomac cats
40 series flows

Thanks
For Real!!

You got lucky not hitting the police car. There is nothing wrong with an officer using his car in an off-duty status (police are police 24/7). It just depends on what his dept. policy says. When I was still in college I drovr mine to school because my shift started about 30 minutes after my class let out.

Quick Reply: Close 'Run In' with a cop car!