4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Headers question?!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM
98blackgtinsc
1st Gear Member

Default Headers question?!!

im putting a 99 motor in my 98 gt. the motor is pretty much stock but i want to put bbk longtubes on it will there be any clearance issues with this, like the steering clolumn or anything, i heard that 96-98 longtubes are different from 99 headers and i dont know if its because of clearance with the k member or what not, I need help soon, will this work?! the exhaust wont be an issue i am custom building my own so fitment after the headers doesnt matter, just if 99-04 headers will work in my 98! thanks[/align]
Old 01-25-2007, 02:25 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Headers question?!!

yes they will fit fine. Same design for both years.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

Most headers list 96-04 as their supporting years anyway. What kind of longtubes you plan on getting? I'm shopping for some too. I was thinking Hooker Super Comp.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Have fun doing LT's.

I just put another transmission in, really made me wish i had stock manifolds haha.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:56 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Get MAC LTs. no interference with a tranny drop.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:06 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

+1
Old 01-25-2007, 06:09 PM
98blackgtinsc
1st Gear Member

im looking at bbk but i would be putting in a new motor so it would go in the that and the tranny all as one so it shouldnt be too bad, thanks guys, any other problems i should know about
Old 01-25-2007, 07:08 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Do you personally know that for a fact? I'm not saying you're lieing, I just dont see how they could make LT's on our car without craddling the transmission. There literally is no room for it unless they take it under the flat unibody; which I know they dont do because the exhaust would be 2 inches off the ground.

My bbk headers are within an inch on both sides of the 'well' if you wanna call it for the transmission, I dont think they have anywhere else to put them.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Do you personally know that for a fact? I'm not saying you're lieing, I just dont see how they could make LT's on our car without craddling the transmission. There literally is no room for it unless they take it under the flat unibody; which I know they dont do because the exhaust would be 2 inches off the ground.

My bbk headers are within an inch on both sides of the 'well' if you wanna call it for the transmission, I dont think they have anywhere else to put them.
i just installed some mac's on a 04 GT acouple weeks back. there is no way in hell that you can get the tranny out.. they are acutally closer than the BBK's are.. i have BBK's on my 02 and you have to pull one header off to get the tranny out. the GT i put the MAC's on look like it may need both headers taken off, they go almost directly under the tranny.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

i just installed some mac's on a 04 GT acouple weeks back. there is no way in hell that you can get the tranny out.. they are acutally closer than the BBK's are.. i have BBK's on my 02 and you have to pull one header off to get the tranny out. the GT i put the MAC's on look like it may need both headers taken off, they go almost directly under the tranny.

Glad you cleared that up... cause just from looking at my BBK's and putting that tranny i dont think there is even a design that they could make work. Theres just not enough room.

Quick Reply: Headers question?!!