4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Shocking.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

Default Shocking.......

Have my brakes all apart in the rear doing rotors/pads. As I was cleaning up the caliper for painting I noticed that the stock shocks look pretty docile in the back. They also look fairly easy to replace, especially the quad-shock thing. Anyone have other then OEM shocks on the car? Notice anything different with your aftermarket shocks compared to OEM?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shocking.......

yea you will feel a big difference when you go aftermarket man.. i have to adjust my seat after i installed my stuff.

fyi.. take off the quad shock all together and get a good set of upper and lower control arms.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

i have the bullitt kit on my car, shocks, struts, springs.

for only $400 its the best deal out there imo. you get a measly half inch drop but the stiffer setup really helps, and a half inch drop is subtle but does make the car look alot better. the ride quality goes down, but not that much, less than the other aftermarket kits which are setup for even better handling and hence reduced ride quality. i think its the best setup for a street driven stang considering the price. i wouldn't bother with the bullitt sway bar set, hardly any difference from the GT's
Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

anything over stock will be an improvement I have a CE 3-way adj shock there now and you can def notice ride and weight transfer diff.....