4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Predator question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
98blackgtinsc
1st Gear Member

Default Predator question?

I just bought a diablosport predator and I had a question. I have a 98 gt but I am currently building a 99 gt motor to put into it. Obviously I will be using the same computer and all just changing out the motor. If I go to use the tuner with the 98gt motor in will it somehow lock to that mtor and be useless when i go to tune my new engine??? I am getting a custom tune when the new enigne goes in, in a month or so. I want to use the tuner and kinda mess around with it and see if i can get some power gains outta my 98 motor, but im scared to use it and then not have it be useable when I go to get the tune... Any help will be useful! thanks in advance![/align]
Old 03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Predator question?

ORIGINAL: 98blackgtinsc

I just bought a diablosport predator and I had a question. I have a 98 gt but I am currently building a 99 gt motor to put into it. Obviously I will be using the same computer and all just changing out the motor. If I go to use the tuner with the 98gt motor in will it somehow lock to that mtor and be useless when i go to tune my new engine??? I am getting a custom tune when the new enigne goes in, in a month or so. I want to use the tuner and kinda mess around with it and see if i can get some power gains outta my 98 motor, but im scared to use it and then not have it be useable when I go to get the tune... Any help will be useful! thanks in advance![/align]
From my understand it "locks" to the computer, not the engine so you should be fine.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
DesertMach
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Smooth_J

ORIGINAL: 98blackgtinsc

From my understand it "locks" to the computer, not the engine so you should be fine.
You are correct. However it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the tune before the swap then add it back afterwards.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM
redgt2000
2nd Gear Member

in the options menu there is the reset option where it "unmarries" the computer and allows it to be put on a different car. but if your keeping the same computer your prolly fine but i would uninstall it just to be safe then redo it later after your car is running, im sure a lot of other guys here will tell you to sell it for a sct tuner. i use diablosport and i like it, although i have a custom tune for it not the "canned" one.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 PM
98blackgtinsc
1st Gear Member

I am getting a custom tune when the motor goes in but i dont wanna mess around and then have my tune put on it and then when i go to get the custom tune, not have them be able to get in on it or have it be locked for some reason im just scared that once i like plug it in and mess around i wont be able to get my custom tune loaded you know, anymore info??!!