4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Exaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:35 AM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Default SLP Exaust

Does anyone know the difference between slp's loud mouth 1 and slp's power flow cat back systems??? The power flow is almost 50 bucks more and i want to order one and wanted to know the difference and if there is any sound diff.

Thanx,
Old 03-12-2006, 02:56 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Exaust

BIG sound difference.

SLP Loudmouth 1's is the loudest catback on the market. I just got some for myself. They are completely hollow, which means they will produce the most aggressive sound. (And best, IMO)

Powerflows are much bigger, and have a good deal of packing to significantly reduce the sound from the LM1's. Like a BIG difference in the noise level. And they will be more refined.

If your looking for a happy medium... Go with the LM2's. They are still very loud. Not nearly as loud as the LM1's, but louder than the powerflows, and will give a terrific sound.

SLP Loudmouths are the best sounding catback on the market, IMO. Def. go with one of them.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:19 AM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Thanks alot Meebix, i am definately going with the 1's then sense i love a loud exaust.
ORIGINAL: meebix

BIG sound difference.

SLP Loudmouth 1's is the loudest catback on the market. I just got some for myself. They are completely hollow, which means they will produce the most aggressive sound. (And best, IMO)

Powerflows are much bigger, and have a good deal of packing to significantly reduce the sound from the LM1's. Like a BIG difference in the noise level. And they will be more refined.

If your looking for a happy medium... Go with the LM2's. They are still very loud. Not nearly as loud as the LM1's, but louder than the powerflows, and will give a terrific sound.

SLP Loudmouths are the best sounding catback on the market, IMO. Def. go with one of them.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:32 AM
02ToRcHgTSLP
2nd Gear Member

o ya!, sounds like RAW MUSCLE!!!

+1 ont he SLP loudmouth 1's!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:33 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Are you planning on an o/r midpipe with lm1's?? Personally, it sounds really raspy, check everything out before you purchase them.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:34 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

If you want something completely hollow then just go with some 40 dollar glasspacks from autozone.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:25 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

If you want something completely hollow then just go with some 40 dollar glasspacks from autozone.
Yea but then we are talking quality. Glasspacks are a cheap alternative, and I think they sound horrible. Good way to get sound off the bat, but I would never leave them on my car.

----------

And Hawk, let us know what exactly you want to do to the car? Are you going with just the catback? Or do you eventually want a (x/H -Pipes) and headers?

If its just a catback, DEFINITELY go with LM1's. It will sound amazing. But, if you plan on going with the full setup - Headers, Midpipe and Catback... Make sure you do your research. LM1's start to get EXTREMELY loud with a full setup. But I LOVE a nice noise level, hense thats what I am going with LT's, o/r X, and the LM1's (In my sig). The loudest setup around.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

i LOVE my bassanis =D
Old 03-18-2006, 10:51 PM
HIGHLANDER
1st Gear Member

I have the complete SLP 330 HP Performance Pac (330 Flywheel HP) on my '02 GT

* Long-Tube Headers (SLP)
* X-Pipe short assembly with high-flow cats (SLP)
* Loud Mouth cat-back system (SLP)
* DiabloSport Predator Tune (SLP Tune)
* K & N air filter
* 160 degree thermostat
* 3.73 Gears (Ford Motorsport)
* Slotted and Cross-Drilled Rotors (Ford Motorsport)

I highly recommend the LOUD MOUTH over the LOUD MOUTH II and the POWERFLO.
The difference is NIGHT and DAY!
The original LOUDMOUTH is by far the loudest of the three and the POWERFLO is the quietest.

* If you want to hear what the entire system (LOUDMOUTH) sounds like go to www.slponline.com
* There are sound clips of an '03 Mustang GT with the same exact components I have installed on my car

* If you have any questions e-mail me
Old 03-18-2006, 11:14 PM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

Actually glasspacks arent completely hollow like lm1's are,,,,, the lm1's are actually a resonator, no real muffler in the system, the lm2's are similar in design to a glasspack muffler, and the powerflows are the quietest of the three, with a lot more packing and larger chamber size ect...

Quick Reply: SLP Exaust