4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhaust help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default Exhaust help!!

I was recenty in a car accident, and one of the things that needs to be replaced is my H pipe and high flow cats. My pipes i think are 2 and a half inch. The body shop is going to re use my 40 series flowmasters. I reallyenjoyed how my car sounded it was a midly loud and deep tone. I was thinking about getting an x pipe. Will an x pipe make the car louder, faster, deeper, and will it make it pop when i down shift, i always wanted my car to pop. Also what high flow cats should i buy, and where can i buy this all from? Thanks guys
Old 03-31-2007, 03:12 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust help!!

anyone?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Go to Mustangexhaust.com and listen to some clips. I'm sure there are TONS with flow 40's. The X will not make your car sound deeper, nor will it make it faster. Louder? Maybe. Pop? Probably.

If you are getting $$ from insurance to replace the midpipe anyway, don't get a pipe and cats separate, just get the pipe catted...
Old 03-31-2007, 03:25 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

alright cool thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

Go to Mustangexhaust.com and listen to some clips. I'm sure there are TONS with flow 40's. The X will not make your car sound deeper, nor will it make it faster. Louder? Maybe. Pop? Probably.

If you are getting $$ from insurance to replace the midpipe anyway, don't get a pipe and cats separate, just get the pipe catted...
it will make it deeper compared to the stock H
Old 03-31-2007, 03:41 PM
98GTpony
3rd Gear Member

just get an o/r H. It will sound really good IMO. If you do decide to get a midpipe then get it from AmericanMuscle. They are great with customers and they take care of business.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:41 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

what do you guys think of this exhaust?? The MRT H-pipe is the only stainless steel H-pipe available on the market for the 1999-2004 Ford Mustang & Cobra. Constructed using a computerized CNC bender and high grade stainless steel, MRT's H-pipe is designed for precision fitment and uses only stainless rod welds. Its heavy duty construction unleashes the factory exhaust and increases performance. This stainless H-pipe delivers the low, deep tone enthusiasts crave from the modern Mustang and is reminiscent of Ford's early big block resonance. Testing has shown a 9 rwhp gain on a stock Mustang GT!
Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 PM
98GTpony
3rd Gear Member

get whatever you want.. They all do the same thing.. i just say get a BBK o/r H.. also if you order from american muscle you get 6% off with the discount code. PM me for the code..
Old 03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

it will make it deeper compared to the stock H
I assumed he had an aftermarket H already. [8D]

MRT is regarded as very high quality, but high cost to go along with it.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

well the insurance company is paying for it so, money doesnt matter lol. I figgured id try and buy the most expensive h pipe and cats i can..

Quick Reply: Exhaust help!!