4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 11:08 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Diablo Predator

i guess you can adjust air/fuel and timing on this beast so obviously its a good tuner, but can anyone tell me where to find this at best price? also is there anything else great that this thing can do that i dont know about?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:16 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Predator

ya i was wondering what else it does too, like if it fixes your speedo if you install gears etc etc... does anyone know forsure?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:19 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW this sounds like a good deal is it?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:21 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

looks like a pretty good price to me... ive seen it for around 400 on websites
Old 11-22-2004, 11:41 PM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

GOT IT.....

2) Predator Applications

The Predator 98-04 Mustang/03-04 Marauder (part no. U7146) is applicable for the following vehicles:

V8:
1998-2004 GT 4.6L 2valve
2001 Bullit 4.6L 2valve
2003-2004 Mach 1 4.6L 4valve
1998-2001 Cobra 4.6L 4valve
2003-2004 Mercury Marauder (added in revision r42d)
(2003-2004 Cobra is available in another Predator)
V6:
1998-2003 3.8L

3) What is the Predator?

The Predator for 98-04 Mustang/03-04 Marauder (part no. U7146) is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design. Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM. Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves. The transmission parameters are remapped to improve the shift characteristics such as shift firmness and shift points. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.

4) Why to get DiabloSport Predator?

The only flash tuner with exclusive FlashForwardTM ability allowing you to download custom tunes via Internet from a nationwide network of ChipMaster Revolution tuners (locate your nearest dealer in our Dealer Locator).
The only flash tuner allowing you to get revision updates via Internet.
The only flash tuner with exclusive FlexAdjustTM technology which allows you to vary the engine and transmission parameters over a wide range.
The only flash tuner with advanced OBD-II scanner capability:
read fault codes (DTCs) and their description in plain English (no need for extra books!)
both standard and proprietary fault code text included
reset fault codes
live data monitoring
The only flash tuner that logs* live data. Play back log on Predator or PC (Log Viewer for Windows is available FREE on our Downloads Page).
The flash tuner with a true graphical display that's 300% larger then the competition's puny text only display
The flash tuner running on a custom high performance, multi-threading KROS operating system

5) Dyno Tested Performance Tunes

The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER! Average power gains are in the 15-20 RWHP range. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs. A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway. The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response. The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline. DiabloSport has generated all dyno tested tunes.

Predator tunes re-map the:

Fuel Curves
Timing Curves
Extend Speed Limiters
Extend Rev Limiters
DiabloSport Performance tunes require the use of Super Unleaded / Premium grade or 91 octane fuel only, like carried by Amoco/BP, Sunoco or Mobil.
6) Adjustable Parameters

The Predator features end user adjustable parameters so the end user can customize his/her tune depending on other modifications done to the vehicle. Because we allow for timing and fuel adjustments the end user can optimize the tune for his/hers specific vehicle utilizing a dyno with proper air fuel monitoring and utilizing the Predators live data feature to monitor timing and other vital parameters.
The Mustang Predator allows the end user to adjust the following parameters:

Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Timing table (+10% / -40%)
Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
Idle (+/- 20%)
On/Off switch for Traction Control
Raise Speed Limiter
Rev Limiter
Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
WOT Shift Pressure
Part throttle shift firmness
RPM Shift Points
Torque Modulation (for better shift feel)
Cooling Fan ON/OFF Temperatures
Rear Oxygen sensor disable (use for off-road vehicles only)
Disable EGR (use for off-road vehicles only)
All of these parameters can be adjusted on the DiabloSport tune and/or the factory tune

Old 11-23-2004, 12:07 AM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

aahh Man! you are frickin awesome i owe you one for all that info, it really helped my decision. thanks alot
Old 11-23-2004, 06:08 AM
GT1999
3rd Gear Member

not a problem
Old 11-23-2004, 12:36 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

the diablo site..which i had posted a link to on your other post GT1999, has everything that it does. and i wouldnt buy it off of ebay, id get from an authorized dealer-i have heard stories of diablo pressing charges against the people selling them on ebay and the hastle isnt worth the 50 bucks you might save.. check out rpmoutlet.com-thats a good site and they have to predator
Old 11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
propellerhead
2nd Gear Member

Motorhaven and Partshopper have it for $350. I'd stay away from Ebay. DiabloSport will not provide you with any support.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:11 PM
StangTangGT
3rd Gear Member

ahhh! so why do all places just sell them for 99+ mustangs?

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator