MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   To All Those with Mickey thomspon ET Streets (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/272393-to-all-those-with-mickey-thomspon-et-streets.html)

mylongvictor 04-10-2007 07:38 PM

RE: To All Those with Mickey thomspon ET Streets

Get a racing wheels set with the Mickey Thompsons Fattys in the back and skinnies in the front for your racing purposes.....

And keep your other set as your DD. No reason to get all facy with the tires on them.

JD1969 04-10-2007 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 1BadSonicBlue02GT

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

I have had my bfg's since December and they are holding up fine. Gone about 5k and still have atleast 5k left, also gone to the track about 5 times since.
I would like somethin that hooks slightly harder
Dude, I have been 1.54 on a 275/40/17 BFG dr, they hook fine.

czwalga00gt 04-10-2007 07:44 PM

yea its not that i cant afford it its just that i dont like the idea of changin them that often. plus its my dd and yea i think i'm gonna get a set and use them for the track with matching rims. And just keep my nittos for the street. Chances are i'll run them on the street til rainy season. then get some nitto's for the other rims, although those arent much better in the rain

That's what i'm doing. My F1's are on their last leg, I'm going to run nittos all year round and then on my 2nd set of rims i'm putting MT's on. I figure the F1's make it impossible to move if there is snow on the ground, nittos can't be any worse.

1BadSonicBlue02GT 04-10-2007 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

I have had my bfg's since December and they are holding up fine. Gone about 5k and still have atleast 5k left, also gone to the track about 5 times since.
I would like somethin that hooks slightly harder
Dude, I have been 1.54 on a 275/40/17 BFG dr, they hook fine.
1.54 [sm=yikesomg.gif]. I didnt know they worked that well. I think that my car would prob hook better with the ET's though. Am i Right??

DILO2001GT 04-10-2007 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: gt96stang

I highly doubt you can get 10K if you go to the track with them... I see if you baby them on the street, POSSIBLY getting some life out of them.. I know a buddy of mine got 3k on them, but he loves going to the track a lot.

I would say extra set of rims+tires and keep the nittos for daily driving..

+1

i was thinking of getting et streets but at nedw this year on street nights you can run slicks so im gonna go that route. but i would do 2 sets of rims. i have the deep dish as well and use the nitto 555r extreme drags for the street and get alot of miles out of them. but i don't have a lead foot in the street. i try to keep it maintainable.

1BadSonicBlue02GT 04-10-2007 08:53 PM

ok so thats another thing should i go with et streets or slicks. i dont think i really need slicks butim gonna be using them asmostly track only tires

JJ03MustangGT 04-10-2007 09:31 PM

i think a set of MT ET streets would be fine. youll need to upgrade the rearend to run slicks and actually be able to launch the car.

JD1969 04-10-2007 10:04 PM

ok so thats another thing should i go with et streets or slicks. i dont think i really need slicks butim gonna be using them asmostly track only tires
Your car will probably be faster on the ET Street Radial. I would run a 15 inch rim (if possible, caliper cleaance issue is possible). That way you will have more sidewall to absorb the shock of the launch.

1BadSonicBlue02GT 04-10-2007 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: JD1969

Your car will probably be faster on the ET Street Radial. I would run a 15 inch rim (if possible, caliper clearance issue is possible). That way you will have more sidewall to absorb the shock of the launch.
Ok, i was thinkin a 15 inch rim would be better because it gives me a much larger sidewall, and i have heard that larger sidewalls help when launching. Am i correct?

JJ03MustangGT 04-10-2007 10:29 PM

yea your correct, not to mention the wheels are lighter so that definitely makes a difference