4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

with my...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

Default with my...

o/r x and some lm1s will i get a ticket in my automatic?

i want tese lm1s because they're a good deal, only 80 bucks but i dont know what to do, ill need a catted pipe to make it "practical", right? i dont want to put stock back on, anything but stock

Old 04-15-2007, 01:30 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: with my...

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

o/r x and some lm1s will i get a ticket in my automatic?

i want tese lm1s because they're a good deal, only 80 bucks but i dont know what to do, ill need a catted pipe to make it "practical", right? i dont want to put stock back on, anything but stock

Will you get a ticket? If you speed [8D]

Exhaust tickets on nicer cars aren't real common. If you were driving a 87 station wagon with no mufflers, yeah, you might get a ticket for it. Is it possible? Yes. Likely? No.

But, it IS more likely to draw attention to yourself, both good and bad. You might get an extra look or two from Johnny Law, so keep that in mind before you drive stupid.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

yea if you did a catted X then the LM1s wouldnt be absolutely obnoxious. id say go for it, cops shouldnt give you any problems, especially if you have cats and mufflers, as a matter of fact they cant, mufflers and cats makes you legal
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

But, it IS more likely to draw attention to yourself, both good and bad. You might get an extra look or two from Johnny Law, so keep that in mind before you drive stupid.
+1
ive gotten pulled over a few times no tickets though, and i have lm1 and a catted x. i was told by my local pd that i have one of the loudest street cars in town. its like having any type of fast car just be carefull and dont do anything stupid.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:11 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

yea if you did a catted X then the LM1s wouldnt be absolutely obnoxious. id say go for it, cops shouldnt give you any problems, especially if you have cats and mufflers, as a matter of fact they cant, mufflers and cats makes you legal
Many cities have noise ordinances that cover loud exhaust though. In that case, it doesn't necessarily matter if you have cats/mufflers.

But, like I said before, those laws are mainly made for piece of crap cars with rotted/no exhaust to speak of.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You need to find out the noise limits in your town.

BTW, those LM1's won't just bolt/weld in. They are straight through & not off-set like your factory mufflers. It's going to take a little fab work. Nothing major for a shop..but just a FYI
Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Its not that hard. Just throw it in N, or hit the clutch when you see a cop, and dont be an idiot on busy streets. Shouldnt be a prob.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

yeah works for us stick guys but he's auto so it's a little harder but you still go throw it into nuetral and coast, get a catted X with the LM1
Old 04-15-2007, 08:02 PM
brock_07
1st Gear Member

u shouldn't get a ticket....but for some extra security u could do what i did and take the cats off of something, gut them and weld them on and i a cop looks under ur car to see if ur legal or not he will think u are
Old 04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brock_07

u shouldn't get a ticket....but for some extra security u could do what i did and take the cats off of something, gut them and weld them on and i a cop looks under ur car to see if ur legal or not he will think u are
How many times do you see a cop looking underneath someone's car for cats on a traffic stop?

Quick Reply: with my...