4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Trouble Installing Diablo Tuner, AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

Default Trouble Installing Diablo Tuner, AGAIN!

I bought the Hypertech awhile ago and tried to install it, could never get it to work, so figured I'd get a Diablo, got it in today, tried to do the install and once again it will not work! It starts up and everything, and it starts making a backuptune, but when it asks me to turn the ignition on but no not start the car the 2nd, right when i turn the key it says "ignition not turned on" or something, and it asks did i turn the ignition on, i have tried 10 times, each time it does it, no matter what i do different.

I went and checked the trouble codes, it has 2..
Theft-Vehicle Immobilized
ID Block

I forget the whole code but those were the basics, it asks something like, does the vehicle have a performance module, but im not the only owner of the car so i have no idea or where to even find out or find it, anyone know what i should do next???
Old 04-15-2007, 03:51 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Trouble Installing Diablo Tuner, AGAIN!

NOBODY knows what i could try??? im going to call diablo support on monday hopefully they can help me out
Old 04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Did you buy this used or brand new?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:56 PM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

Disconnect your battery for 10 min then try again. Make sure all your accessories are off and the door is closed. If you have a weak battery sometimes it wont take the tune. I couldn't install the superchips handheld on my car but the predator would work. Best of luck!!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

i bought the diablo used on here, but i dont think its the tuner beause my hypertech i bought would not work either, it said error code 6E, when i spoke to hypertech, he said that code means there is an accessory on, but there wasnt, nothing in the cig lighter, the door was shut, window up, hell i even tried it with my seatbelt on!

i d/c the battery for almost an hour, then tried again, same thing, error code says theft detected:vehicle immobolized, i'mma call diablo monday, but i think the car already has a tune, how do i get rid of the tune? my buddy told me to hit the rev limiter, if it doesnt limit at the redline, then it has to have a tune because it goes past it, and it does indeed go past, so now i dont know what to do, or how to speak to the original owner, any other ideas guys?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Its not diablo then. Its your car. It thinks its stolen...Did you steal it? J/k. Unfortunately you may have to take your car to the dealer.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

is there anyway to disconnect that securitech or whatever it is? when i first start the tuner up, the THEFT light is not on, but right as it starts doing its thing, the theft light begins to flash, i wonder what the dealer will charge? this may not turn out good for me lol
Old 04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

UPDATE!

i called diablo, the guy told me to check the computer, see if there was a chip plugged up, and sure enough there was. a sct calibiration dial is sitting in my glovebox, why ive never checked it out i have no idea. so i called a local dyno shop that tunes with sct, he says he can not do anything with that, without the handheld device, is that true? he told me just unplug that chip out of the computer and my diablo will go in, should i keep the sct tune thats on it, get my speedo fixed when i put my gears on or should i just take the sct away and put the diablo tune on?
Old 04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Your car may already have an aftermarket tune in it
Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

yeah, sct, but is there any way to modify the settings without the handheld programmer? all i really wanna do is add the gear change, im sure they already got the sct tuned and it is probably better than the diablo i have is

Quick Reply: Trouble Installing Diablo Tuner, AGAIN!