MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Having a problem. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/280341-having-a-problem.html)

LX90 04-26-2007 03:43 AM

Having a problem.

So this is a first for me, I was getting ready to leave work tonight, started my car, talked to my friends for a few, the usual stuff, but whenI got in the car to leave, I gave it a good punch and it bogged out. It didn't stall, but it didn't want to excellerate at all. The RPMs stumbled abit before running up to about 4k before I let off, but the car never caught up to the RPMs. At first I thought it might be the TPS, but wouldn't it do it all the time? If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate the help. It has a full tank of gas, the plugs are new, wires are fine and everything is connected tight. Thanks for the help.

SmallFeesh 04-26-2007 03:46 AM

RE: Having a problem.

So my guess is this is a one time thing right?? Car runs fine now? Was the traction control on?

LX90 04-26-2007 03:47 AM

No, it's still happening, I don't have TC.

chrissilver3975 04-26-2007 04:00 AM

so.. did it bog at like 3,000 rpms and then pick back up or just bog under the load and then you let off.. I'm having a problem now that when I accelerate up to 3,000 rpms it bogs until 4,000 and then picks back up.. Havent figured it out yet.. Still working on it but let me know...

LX90 04-26-2007 04:04 AM

It boggs whenever it hits WOT, if I gradually excellerate, it runs fine. It idles fine, but if it I floor it (hit WOT) It boggs and drags till I let off.

GStam66 04-26-2007 04:09 AM

ORIGINAL: LX90

It boggs whenever it hits WOT, if I gradually excellerate, it runs fine. It idles fine, but if it I floor it (hit WOT) It boggs and drags till I let off.
My tempo did that for a while when it was kinda cold out. I had to shut off the car, and start it again. If that didnt work i had to shut it off, disconnect the battery for a bit, then reconnect and try again. Still dunno what the problem was, but it doesnt do it anymore. [&:]

SmallFeesh 04-26-2007 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: LX90

My friend had that problem in his 93 TA... we thought the same thing... TPS... turned out to be clogged cats! I was driving it at the time, it finnally wouldnt go fast at all... had a burning smell in the end as well... almost like burning paint... so I would say Clogged something... Cats, Fuel filter, air filter, etc.

LX90 04-26-2007 05:33 AM

I have no cats, just check the air filter, I'm try the fuel filter tomorrow, it's too late now. Thanks everyone for the help so far, I hope I get this figured out, I'm supposed to be driving cross country next friday....

timeformiller44 04-26-2007 09:31 AM

misfire....bet u anything

LX90 04-26-2007 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: timeformiller44

misfire....bet u anything
Yeah I drove it again this morning, and dear god it's a mean misfire. You can hear it, sounds like a popcorn maker. Going to change the plugs right now and hope it's not a fuel injector or a coil.