4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Professional Products

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:29 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

Default Professional Products

So I installed my new PP throttle bodie and PP plenum yesterday, on my 03 GT, and what should have been a simple task turned into a pain only because their product was faulty! The hole for the throttle cable was to small for the end of it to fit! So I had to get a next size bigger drill bit and make it that much bigger to fit it and it was still snug but worked. Has anyone with this product had this problem when they installed theirs? Other than that I like the product! I was just pissed when I had to modify something that was made for the car!
Old 05-20-2007, 07:31 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Professional Products

Ive installed 4 different PP tb & Ui's and never had that problem. . .
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisIsMyStang

So I installed my new PP throttle bodie and PP plenum yesterday, on my 03 GT, and what should have been a simple task turned into a pain only because their product was faulty! The hole for the throttle cable was to small for the end of it to fit! So I had to get a next size bigger drill bit and make it that much bigger to fit it and it was still snug but worked. Has anyone with this product had this problem when they installed theirs? Other than that I like the product! I was just pissed when I had to modify something that was made for the car!
Just the fact that PP markets that Typhoon intake is enough for me to avoid them..........
YMMV................

FWIW Accufab.........

Maybe I was a bit harsh...I guess one bad experience is sometimes enough to get sour on a compnay.

Sap
4th Gear Member

Mine installed no problems as well....

Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Just the fact that PP markets that Typhoon POS intake is enough for me to avoid them..........
YMMV................

FWIW Accufab.........

Why do you say the typhoon is a POS? Personal experience or just what you've read online? Ive known two other people (not including myself) that have them and love them and have never had any problems
Old 05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

Figures that it would be my **** luck! Good question by the way, why do you say the typhoon is a POS? I've heard one other person say that but that was all they put on. They didn't put a tb or plenum on, just the intake. So I figured thats why he didn't get much results. Seems like it would work better in a combo. If it is a POS what aftermarket intake do you prefer?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:39 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

P-51 is good. Typhoon is fine. THR Hardballer
Old 05-20-2007, 07:58 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

so what kind of difference could you feel while driving?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 PM
ThisIsMyStang
2nd Gear Member

It seemed a little snappier in throttle response and a little smoother. But like I always say its hard to tell a big difference unless its a Turbo,Supercharger,or Nitrous!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I have PP Intake Mani, 75mmTB, Plenum, and I couldnt be happier. Nice stuff.

Quick Reply: Professional Products