4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LETTERED BUMPER INSERTS HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default LETTERED BUMPER INSERTS HELP

hey guys i got my car back and the rear bumper was repainted and you can barely make out that it says saleen...how thick are the letter inserts because there is a lot of paint in the indentations and i just wanted to make sure it will work...im assuming that they are just decals and will work fine but i wanted to make sure because its not as indented as its supposed to be....are there certain good brands????

here is one that i found for a saleen
http://www.mwspeedshop.com/bumper.htm
Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Bigbadfords

Default RE: LETTERED BUMPER INSERTS HELP

Those inserts are usually very thin but they will defenitely work as long as you can still see the outline of your letters in the bumper so you can line them up and place them in straight. Those inserts that you found on that website seem like they would be fine. Most of the different brands are fairly all the same anyway. Whatever you do, if you get those inserts and the directions tell you to use soapy water to install the decals, DONT DO IT!! They stick a lot betterand usually give you very few air bubbles whenyou put them on dry, just clean the bumper really well first with rubbing alcohol. It takes a little more time and patience to put them on dry, but it will be worth it, trust me!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 AM
01stalliongt
1st Gear Member

i bought mine from american muscle and they were paper thin also they stick very well after drying so you shouldnt have anything to worry about
Old 06-15-2007, 02:06 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Are those the only ones you're looking to buy?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

Are those the only ones you're looking to buy?
no i just did a quick google search in looking on american muscle now...some people dont have saleen ones
Old 06-15-2007, 02:19 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

I just recently bought some black chrome ones for my car. They were a bit expensive, but look good and are good quality. They would look good on your Oxford White.. I wrote a review on them. I could try to find a link to the thread If you want?..
Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

I just recently bought some black chrome ones for my car. They were a bit expensive, but look good and are good quality. They would look good on your Oxford White.. I wrote a review on them. I could try to find a link to the thread If you want?..
ya id like to see a picture of it...im debating between that and regular black because i want to match the black on the bumper...this is what it looks like

[IMG]local://upfiles/41638/A6FFBD3438BA476491D922F0EE64E818.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

DOn't waist your time with the vinal stick ons. Spend the money and get the Stainless insterts. The only downside to the stainless besides the price is when you wash your car the edges pick up the towel material. But that can be easily taken care of too.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

DOn't waist your time with the vinal stick ons. Spend the money and get the Stainless insterts. The only downside to the stainless besides the price is when you wash your car the edges pick up the towel material. But that can be easily taken care of too.
that would be even more of a problem for me because the indentations that say Saleen have a lot of paint in them so the SS would stick out too much
Old 06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

get the black chrome stainless ones, someone put those on there cobra and they looked hot.

Quick Reply: LETTERED BUMPER INSERTS HELP