4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Traction control?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:20 PM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

Default Traction control?

Hey guys, just wondering about the traction control on my 2003 GT... Not that I really want to abuse my car or anything but is it really hard to break the wheels or is it me? Just wondering, I'm new to this whole traction control thing...
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
dye
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Traction control?

all you need to know is to always leave it off!!! Unless if its raining =)
Old 07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

This may be a dumb question but, thee light on means its off right, since the button says T/C OFF?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 PM
rampage575

ORIGINAL: OPIATE5.0

This may be a dumb question but, thee light on means its off right, since the button says T/C OFF?
Yes, when you push it and the light turns on, it is off...i suggest getting into a habit of just pushing that when u start the car up, or get a hand held tuner to turn it off permanently
Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

lol yea i hate the trac control, but it is VERY useful in the rain
Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
ColinGT
4th Gear Member

wait wait, why do all you people say turn it off? i have messed with it and you cant really lose control with it on, even you fish tail it on a turn it catches pretty good compared with it off, is there somtin bad about it? other than that
Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 PM
OPIATE5.0
1st Gear Member

okay, here's another question I just bought it a few days ago and I was in a parking lot turning into a parking spot and heard a rubbing sound coming from the rear end, I thought that maybe it was coming from the T/C system because I pushed the button a few times and thats when the noise showed up after driving a while... FORD told me that in the heat it may make a rubbing sound... Are they feeding me a pile of s*** or is that possibly what its coming from... Yesterday I didn't push the button at all and I didn't notice the same rubbing sound, and also this morning it didn't make the sound when I brought it to Ford...
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
rampage575

ORIGINAL: ColinGT

wait wait, why do all you people say turn it off? i have messed with it and you cant really lose control with it on, even you fish tail it on a turn it catches pretty good compared with it off, is there somtin bad about it? other than that
Cuz if you wanna get on it, u will spin ur tires a bit and instead of catching the ground eventually and speedin off, your car will stop once it loses traction...

If you dont ever get on it, then dont worry bout it..but if u love that feeling of being set back in your seat, turn it off
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
rampage575

okay, here's another question I just bought it a few days ago and I was in a parking lot turning into a parking spot and heard a rubbing sound coming from the rear end, I thought that maybe it was coming from the T/C system because I pushed the button a few times and thats when the noise showed up after driving a while... FORD told me that in the heat it may make a rubbing sound... Are they feeding me a pile of s*** or is that possibly what its coming from... Yesterday I didn't push the button at all and I didn't notice the same rubbing sound, and also this morning it didn't make the sound when I brought it to Ford...
i'm no expert, but that sounds like it has nothing to do w/ ur trac control
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM
ColinGT
4th Gear Member

lol im not sure if its the same noise but it sounds like a tire screech, i turn into like the wawa parking lot and it does that when i park, its the pavement n the rubber tires im guessing for me, every1s cars do it, maybe its that?

Quick Reply: Traction control?