4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

auto vs stick

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:59 AM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: auto vs stick

When I got ours, my wife preferd a automatic as she is not to good with the stick. I would rather have a stick, but since she will be driving the car also, I won't have to worry about the clutch getting ripped out. LOL
From what little bit I've driven the car I do like the auto though.

Lynn
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: trickdriller

Dude, just get the stick and never look back. Not one single Mustang owner around here has regretted getting a stick. Many wish they had one and not an auto, but none wish they had an auto. Doooo it doooo it doooo it
Im assuming that was a joke..... Just as many people dislike standards as they do autos.
No, that wasn't a joke. I have yet to see anyone say "man, I should have gotten an auto" in reference to a Mustang.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Dude, just get the stick and never look back. Not one single Mustang owner around here has regretted getting a stick. Many wish they had one and not an auto, but none wish they had an auto. Doooo it doooo it doooo it
Im assuming that was a joke..... Just as many people dislike standards as they do autos.
No, that wasn't a joke. I have yet to see anyone say "man, I should have gotten an auto" in reference to a Mustang.
+1, sticks are more fun to drive is the bottom line. Most people won't notice the very very small performance difference between the two. Mustang GT is a sports car and with manual you have more control and it's just way more fun. You can't deny the fun factor! Automatics are ok too though, and good for the lazy person., but I'd rather have a manual.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:05 AM
y2kStangGT
3rd Gear Member

another DD/Starbuck question.
this is like asking if we like DD coffee or starbuck.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:33 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Who ever says Starbucks needs to be drug off that bandwagon by the inside of their throat! (via tonsil grabbage)
Old 10-18-2007, 12:11 PM
y2kStangGT
3rd Gear Member

Who ever says Starbucks needs to be drug off that bandwagon by the inside of their throat! (via tonsil grabbage)
what?
anyone here understand?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: clix813

I said this in another thread too. If its going to be a daily driver your not going to want a 3400 stall thats a big stall for stop and go traffic. I think the most for a DD is a 2500 if one at all. A stall is really ment for a weekend car or a trailer queen. Just crank up the shift pressure and get a tranny cooler then from there get gears but the last thing to do is a stall you might not like it.
Some people assume anything over 2800 stall is too much for a DD. Im telling u right now that isnt true and actually, 2800 is not much better than a stock stall of 2000. I run a BC-auto/Dirty dog 3600 in my car and its a my police car as well. I drive it daily without issue and its takes off like its on nitrous or something. I had a 3k stall (shouda got more stall)in a previous 2002 gt that was ok, a bit faster than stock....3-.5 in the 1/4. Anyway, a 2500 stall is a serious waste of money for all around performance and a 3200 should be the absolute min stall for a n/a car...and thats from several reputable converter builders.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:23 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

[/quote]

+1, sticks are more fun to drive is the bottom line. Most people won't notice the very very small performance difference between the two. Mustang GT is a sports car and with manual you have more control and it's just way more fun. You can't deny the fun factor! Automatics are ok too though, and good for the lazy person., but I'd rather have a manual.

[/quote]

or for the person building a serious drag car, or for the person who is tired of being in rush hour traffic with a clutch and their leg gets tired, or for the person who considers the extra 1,000 resale value an auto adds, or for the person that shares their car with a spouse, or for the person that knows the 4R70W is a tank and the 5 speed is a hunk of sh*t.

beyond that.. i dunno. its preference. this is along the same lines of "what is the best sounding exhaust". each tranny has its good and bad points, so just chose the one you would be happier with.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: y2kStangGT

what?
anyone here understand?
Reach in, grab tonsils, pull hard. Pretty simple
Old 10-18-2007, 01:13 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

+10000 iv never met anybody that regrets there decision on a manual, but iv seen plenty that regret the auto...

Quick Reply: auto vs stick