4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LT header questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Westicle
2nd Gear Member

Default LT header questions

Ok guys, so i'm looking to do my full exhaust. I have a few questions. I'm looking to go BBK LT's with BBK catted X and SLP LM1's.
1. Has anyone heard this combo in person?
2. how much is typical install on the LT's?
3. am i correct for matching up the catted X with a cat back system like slp lm1's?
4. I've lowered my car 1" will there be clearance issues with the LT's on speed bumps etc?
thanks again.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LT header questions

ORIGINAL: Westicle

Ok guys, so i'm looking to do my full exhaust. I have a few questions. I'm looking to go BBK LT's with BBK catted X and SLP LM1's.
3. am i correct for matching up the catted X with a cat back system like slp lm1's?
4. I've lowered my car 1" will there be clearance issues with the LT's on speed bumps etc?
thanks again.
search button. typical install costs more than the headers. your looking at 600+ from most places

are you correct? that depends. if its for sound thats all personal taste, if its to be more
environmentally friendly then sure. most people dont like OR pipes on the slp's cuz they quiet them down a little.

no to #1, and #4 i dont know. it depends on how high the speedbump is i suppose. my car is dropped and my midpipe scrapes really tall speedbumps but the average bump wont touch.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

which is why ill be installing mine myself. it may be a PITA but i have an idea i think ill try.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MU71L4710N

thanks again.
search button. typical install costs more than the headers. your looking at 600+ from most places

are you correct? that depends. if its for sound thats all personal taste, if its to be more
environmentally friendly then sure. most people dont like OR pipes on the slp's cuz they quiet them down a little.

no to #1, and #4 i dont know. it depends on how high the speedbump is i suppose. my car is dropped and my midpipe scrapes really tall speedbumps but the average bump wont touch.
Too Bad I don't have any vid's.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Thats a pretty average setup. +1 on it being a PITA. LM1's suck and sound like rice poop driving through a tunnel with **** warts. And yes they will clear everything except trailor parks and california smog inspections.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

thanks again.
1. LM1's generally sound like *** with an x pipe and longtubes, but its your car.
2. You will pay alot more for install then you did for the parts. The install is easy and you can do it yourself with basic hand tools just research it.
3. catted will sound better with the LM1's then O/R
4. You wont scrape as long as you dont go over curbs and speed bumps at 20mph.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

When I got my LT's installed. Every shop around here quoted me $500 for install.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Westicle
2nd Gear Member

ok $500 is what i kinda planned. i'm looking for a deep rumble type of sound but fairly loud, any advice on a better catback to acheive that? i really don't want a raspy ricer sound. and i don't want it obnioxiously loud and droning.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
lewistk
2nd Gear Member

i would not go for o/r pipe, definately not with the lm's
Old 12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Westicle
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lewistk

i would not go for o/r pipe, definately not with the lm's
yeah would be going catted x if i don't get chambered catback