4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help pleaseeee

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Help pleaseeee

hey guys hows it going, i have yet ran into another problem with my 96 mustang gt. After school today and during lunch i went out and i threw my car into first gear and basiclly pinned the gas, and when my car hit around 3,000-4,000 rpms my rpm guage just Droped all the way down to 2,000rpms and i had the gas pinned. It was bogging out like crazy so i let off the gas and the the engine sounded fine but then i pressed on the gas again and it started to go but then droped and started bogging again. It scared the **** out of me cause it almost caused me to stall in a 4 way intersection, it was bogging untill i pressed the clutch in and then it was okay .. it kept me from stalling. Once it started bogging tho i shifted into second and it was okay and i pressed on the gas and it seemed fine then the same thing happend. I dont know wut it is .. i pulled over check Everything on the T/B and everything looked fine i reved it up and it was fine. I duno what it could be. If anyone has any advice please help
Old 03-31-2005, 05:39 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Help pleaseeee

Could be a lot of things. Could be the MAM went bad or a stopped up cat(s). Those two would be my first guesses.

EDIT Is it running real rich like smoking out the rear or a strong smell of gas and did it throw the check engine light?
Old 03-31-2005, 05:50 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

the check engine light didnt come on... i thought it would of after it happened but it didnt. its not runing rich my friend said my exhaust looked fine. I Smelt a little bit of gas but not much when i poped the hood.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:41 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

stupid question, is your traction control kicking in?
Old 03-31-2005, 06:57 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

my car dosent have traction control. they didnt make them on the 96's ... i just got done messing around with it and i went to the t/b and i went to pull it and i heard the intake suck in air then the car just stalled.(Usally when i drive my car i can hear my intake suck air in and i cant anymore,) so im hoping its the MAM any more info from anyone would be great.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:21 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

If it is stalling, it could be a fuel pump going bad, fuel filter, something to do with the fuel? That would be my first guess.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:19 PM
98UAGT
2nd Gear Member

I second the fuel problem. That was my first guess.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:31 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

i thought of that to but why would my car still like drive. i dunno maybe your right considering when i was driving and it was bogging out and i threw it in neutral and it was fine.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:50 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

well more great news.. i just went outside to start it and my fuel pump sounded like crap. it didnt sound wut it normall sounds like and i went to start my car and it turned over started up then died and the wonderful check engine light came on [:@] so im guessing now its the fuel pump.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
98FOUR.SIX
1st Gear Member

well at least you wasnt out in it when it happened.

Quick Reply: Help pleaseeee