4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang enthusiasts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:45 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Default Mustang enthusiasts

I want to put a bodykit it on my 99' mustang gt. I hear that die hard mustang fanatics don't like bodykits and spoilers on stangs unless they come from the factory. I like the way the mustang looks with a saleen or a black widow 2 cobra bodykit, however I do not want to be considered an American "ricer" but a person who customizes his car. I was wondering does anyone on this forum have a bodykit on their car or have ever wanted one? If I get the Saleen bodykit on my Gt (no decals or badges just bumpers and side skirts) will I be considered a perpatraitor. I plan on adding a lot of mods and entering some car shows in my area. I would like to know some of your thoughts on bodykits and spoilers, or do you think that they really hurt the iconic stature of the Mustang?

Thanks[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
JohnnyCat281

Default RE: Mustang enthusiasts

Not big on any body kit except Saleen. Problem is, you don't have a Saleen, so it's kind of dumb to have the body kit on there. I say you should just go with what you want and not care what everyone else thinks.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

i never knew wut a ricer was! what is a ricer???
Old 04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
98stngfrk
2nd Gear Member

The purpose of a saleen body kit is that unfortunately most of us don't have 50k or more to buy a true saleen, they are an great looking body kit this is the one I would pick if I were you marcuslee842
Old 04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

if you want a body kit on ur car.....go for it

the only time it gets anoying is when ppl take it way to far, but like you said, just a straight up kit, thats cool
Old 04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

IMO I think there's a way to do a lot of "show" mods and not be considered rice. First do your basic window tinting, rims and tires, then focus on the suspension and lower it 2". Then if you want I think you could put a different bumper on or a full body kit, but I'm not a fan of the whole kit. I think stangs look good enough as it is besides the bumpers. There are some new bumpers out there that look kickass.

Oh, I forgot about a grill delete and chin spoiler, and shorty antennas look cool too. I just put one on mine a week ago, I should probably update my pic in a bit.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:01 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Im not big on body kits either. there is a guy with a FAKE Saleen in Austin Tx and he doesnt even realize that he has no bumper sticker and the side stickers are WAY too high. He does have a Centrifugal blower and does run 11.40 but its still a fake Saleen! LOL

Stay original. There is nothing I love better than a GT that has nothing done to it but power mods and a body kit isnt getting you anywhere. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 AM
97 CobraCoupe
1st Gear Member

Like everyone else said, do what u want to your car and dont care what anyone says. Just make sure whatever you do, you have power to back up ur Saleen body kit. I am not a big fan of whole kits. A bumper and a hood are ok, but not the whole side skirt thing, you should just drop your car IMO.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:46 AM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Personally.......i reiterate for ME.......aftermarket body kits suck. the saleen is cool. I myself have the saleen wing. with the options that are cool from ford you have a lot of "stock" options....'99-'02 cobra, '03-'04 cobra(my personal favorite) '00 cobra R, mach 1 chin spoiler.

In all seriousness though the best part about your mustang is......it's YOURS.

Screw what everyone else thinks. The only thing that i think makes you a poser is if you badge your car as something that it's not.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

Don't do it!!! Spend your money on gears or something.

Quick Reply: Mustang enthusiasts