4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

safety loop

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

Default safety loop

ok so i bought my frpp aluminum DS and had it installed yesterday. I had also bought a FRPP DS safety loop to go with it but my installer said it be BITCH to get on cause he has to remove my seats and some interior stuff. so he put on the DS (only $10 bucks!! ) andtold me to bring it back the next day to do the loop since it was closing time, i said ok but he said the loop alone will cost $100 to install. What a B!atch.

i bought the loop for 45 bucks. I will eventually put it on but honestly i could use the 100 bucks to buy something i really really need: a shifter. so how important is this loop-d-loop and am i ok without as long as i dont dump launch at 6k with slicks right? i assume they are to catch the DS incase it breaks or something.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Default RE: safety loop

You don't need the loop! I don't think you have to worry about losing your DS. Save your $100 for something else.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

THANK YOU. yea i mean it makes sense why would i need one if the done come stock?hell his employee has a turbo sn95 on slicks and when he saw mine he said 'maan i wish i had a safety loop on mine (sarcasm)' i dunno i feel like i wasted 45 bucks. but thanks!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

A safety loop is required to run at certain tracks if you run below a certain time. I had a safety loop installed because I believe in the better safe than sorry method of modding, even a miniscule imbalance of the driveshaft and can cause the dshaft to fail. I'd rather have the loop just as an extra insurance.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

ok so for arguments sake can i just weld it in? instead of having to do all the interior stuff to bolt it on?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: avexhype

ok so for arguments sake can i just weld it in? instead of having to do all the interior stuff to bolt it on?
Depends on which loop you got, if you really wanna save the money, just take out the passenger seat and when your there take out the driver seat for them. Its really simple and will save ya a bit of cash.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

so just put in a lawn chair to drive it to the shop? i got the FRPP its more like a squarish shapenot really a loop
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

so just put in a lawn chair to drive it to the shop? i got the FRPP its more like a squarish shapenot really a loop
thats how they should look

Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 PM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

the BMR and other ones i saw are literally a loop. meh doesnt matter i guess probably just a generic pic.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 AM
fyouceeku
1st Gear Member

ok so i bought my frpp aluminum DS and had it installed yesterday. I had also bought a FRPP DS safety loop to go with it but my installer said it be BITCH to get on cause he has to remove my seats and some interior stuff. so he put on the DS (only $10 bucks!! ) andtold me to bring it back the next day to do the loop since it was closing time, i said ok but he said the loop alone will cost $100 to install. What a B!atch.

i bought the loop for 45 bucks. I will eventually put it on but honestly i could use the 100 bucks to buy something i really really need: a shifter. so how important is this loop-d-loop and am i ok without as long as i dont dump launch at 6k with slicks right? i assume they are to catch the DS incase it breaks or something.
How much is your safety worth?

Yea the seats have to come out and you can lift the carpet from the sides and slide your hand in there tor the bolts. You start putting sticky tires on and expecially if you have a stick the loop helps. And as others have stated it is required for certian times. While my car by no means is a "race car" but it does see track duty. I am working on a scattershield for the clutch. I can replace the car but it is my health and saftey that is my priority when I race.

Quick Reply: safety loop