4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need Nitrous Help/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

Default Need Nitrous Help/Advice

My friend wants to sell me his nitrous kit for 450. Its the base NX wet kit /w a bottle warmer and purge kit. All brand new ****. I don't know **** about nitrous but what else would i need/should get to be safe. I was thinking a 75 shot. Stock bottom end with 75k on it and i have the pi swap. I think i may need a bigger fuel pump and i'd get a retune on my car which is like 175 so not worried there. I just don't know **** about hooking up the electronics/jets/installation of the kit. Is it hard? Will the motor be alright? Hows the compression effect? Anything you guys can let me know or help with will be much appriciated like i swaid i dont know much about it just that its a steal compared to buying it new.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Nitrous Help/Advice

Also what other parts of the car will be needing to be beefed up if anything. I was thinking about buying a rebuilt t-45 from hanlon or maybe a reman t3650(not sure what is needed to swap, sensor wise), what clutch would be good, also alum flywheel? Sorry for all the ?'s It's just i need a new trans/clutch and might as well know what ill need ahead of time. Also the car will have 4.10's.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

Everything on the car will be fine. I run a 100 shot all day long, as well as an aluminum flywheel and spec stage 2 clutch. Just make sure you have the suspension and tiresso you can hook, I know I had problems with 410s and the juice until i upgraded.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:05 PM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

What suspension mods do you have? How hard was it to install the kit? Are you running a metal intake manifold or stock?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

Like he said I'm also running a 100 shot on a stock plastic intake manifold. Your also are going to need to run a colder spark plug. As for suspension mods anything that will help improve traction. For me it was a set of 315's Bf goodrich drag radials. And running Eibach drag springs.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:08 AM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

Since the wet kit relys on the fuel pump and not the injectors will i need a bigger pump? And if so what size will i need? Any links to installing?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
StangEatsRice
3rd Gear Member

Do i need a bigger fuel pump? I'm going to run the a 75 shot. 1 step colder plugs? Is that the tr6's? How was the install?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

you could do the focus pump upgrade if you want to play it safe. But with a 75 shot you should be ok with the stocker. I'm running a 100 shot and still running the stocker. And yes your gonna want to run run a colder plug. Alot of people run the TR6's ,but i'm running the autolite racing plugs part# AR103. And as for the install Its not hard at all. It just takes time. have to mount the bottle, solenoids and throttle switch. Then run your line from the tank to the nitrous solenoid. and run a fuel line from the fuel rail to the fuel solenoid. Then run them to your nozzle or throttle plate depending on your setup. Then there's the wiring. Which the kit should have came with a diagram to show you how to wire it. Heres a few pics of how i mounted my bottle,switches and solenoids.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:09 AM
BolognaPony
2nd Gear Member

I also run a 100 shot on stock tune, focus pump, and TR6's.

Here are my switches.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Perf_white_GT
2nd Gear Member

I like that... hiding that in the ashtray
rather slick

Quick Reply: Need Nitrous Help/Advice