4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Predator Flash Tunner??? Any Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:18 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default Diablo Predator Flash Tunner??? Any Info

Hey Guys Im doing the Catback Lm2 Exhaust system in a couple of weeks, for right now Im going to do the Accufab 70MM Throttle Body with the Accufab Pleanum. With that im going to do the Diablo Predator Flash Tuner. Will I notice any difference in my Car will I feel it? Will I be any Faster? And last but not least will this damage anything to my car i plan on having this car for a long time only 40k on my 01 GT then maybe a 06 GT or a 07 Cobra But this is my baby for now!!!! Please help
Old 05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
099gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Predator Flash Tunner??? Any Info

is a flash tunner the same thing as a programmer? i think it is but no it wont hurt ur car you might notice a little hp gains. well worth the money if your planning on getting gears or other mods
Old 05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

Hey Guys Im doing the Catback Lm2 Exhaust system in a couple of weeks, for right now Im going to do the Accufab 70MM Throttle Body with the Accufab Pleanum. With that im going to do the Diablo Predator Flash Tuner. Will I notice any difference in my Car will I feel it? Will I be any Faster? And last but not least will this damage anything to my car i plan on having this car for a long time only 40k on my 01 GT then maybe a 06 GT or a 07 Cobra But this is my baby for now!!!! Please help
Is your GT auto or standard? If it's a manual the programmer is worth the investment in my opinion, and if it's an auto even more so. It allows user-specified changes to the standard performance tune that comes loaded on the unit, and can also be used for speedo correction following gear changes (you are going to get 4.10s aren't you) as 099gt said. Among other features it allows adjustment for tire size changes, can turn off traction control, speed and rev limiters, and O2 sensors, and can be used for datalogging. Hope you wouldn't have to use it for this but it can also read DTCs and turn them off. I use my car as a daily driver and like you intend on keeping it a long time (until it dies), and I have found the Predator to be well worth the investment. You can find used ones as cheap as $225-$250.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:47 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

No i want to go with a 3:73 Daily Driver yes it is a Auto! Will I feel the power gains with those bolt on's ?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

don't be a *****. get the 4.10's. in no way do they take away gas mileage. i have an 01' GT auto as well and have 4.10's and love them. they only way you'll lose gas mileage is if you drive like a dick and tool around on the streets but other than that they are a higher gear which means you'd get better gas mileage if driven normally. i also have the tuner and like it as you can raise your rev limiter to 6,600 RPMs and gain HP from it. on the gear issue though trust me and get 4.10's i mean if i could do it all over again which i might i'd get 4.30's.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:05 AM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

there is no way you wont be able to feel the power and if you dont you just suck. none of that is gonna hurt your car you all good.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

don't be a *****. get the 4.10's. in no way do they take away gas mileage. i have an 01' GT auto as well and have 4.10's and love them. they only way you'll lose gas mileage is if you drive like a dick and tool around on the streets but other than that they are a higher gear which means you'd get better gas mileage if driven normally. i also have the tuner and like it as you can raise your rev limiter to 6,600 RPMs and gain HP from it. on the gear issue though trust me and get 4.10's i mean if i could do it all over again which i might i'd get 4.30's.
Agree completely with this post regarding 4.10s. I have them in my manual '03 Mach 1 and my wife has them in her '04 auto V6 and mileage has suffered little if at all. We both use our cars as daily drivers. Since you have an auto the Predator would be great for raising the transmission shift points and shift pressure, both of which you will really notice. Only go with 3.73s if you are planning on a S/C or nitrous in the near future.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

On the tuner I can say you won't damage your engine with a predator unless you do some really ignorant crap like advance the timing way above/beyond the diablo provided tune and then lean out your fuel and then burn low octane crap and then pull a steep hill in 5th gear at 1100 rpm with the A/C turned on. I did feel the tune gain. Unfortunately I did my post tune dyno on a different dyno so I really don't know how many HP I gained cuz of dyno diffs. I can tell you it's probably a little over 10HP at the rear wheels. I like disabling traction control, speed limit, etc too.

On a topic I know less about...gears...I think the gears would only make a difference if you routinely take long 5th gear interstate trips and even then I doubt it would make 1MPG. Definately, driving around town agressively seems like you are dumping fuel no matter what. On a long trip, I get 25ish, driving around town stop/go idiot hotrodding I get 22. No gears yet though.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

Am I the only one who noticed you said 6600 on a stock GT? WTF, is that even possible.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:43 AM
maddash
1st Gear Member

yeah what wtf! going to 6600 rpms one to many times and your valves are going to start bobbing for ****

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator Flash Tunner??? Any Info