4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

DENSACHARGER(tunable induction) question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 01:13 AM
tb03gt
1st Gear Member

Default DENSACHARGER(tunable induction) question

how does the tunable induction work? and is it really the most hp for the money or are you guys just tryin to sell me something.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: DENSACHARGER(tunable induction) question

I doubt anyone HERE would try to sell you something...what in the world would they get for it?

The Tuneable Induction is a killer cold air intake, from every place that I have seen or read about it. I'm still learning a ton of stuff as well (cams at the moment...) so I don't know how the "tuneable" part works.

You can't go wrong with it, that's for sure.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:35 AM
tb03gt
1st Gear Member

awesome, thanks for the replay man. and as for the selling me stuff part, i looked at alot of forums before i joined this one, and everyones reply had a hidden agenda hah. but yeah i just got a job that pays pretty well and im lookin to upgrade and id heard about tunable induction a while back and was just wondering
Old 05-26-2005, 04:36 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

it is plastic so it wont absorbe heat as bad where most cai's are metal so u get the picture. they don't look bad either
Old 05-26-2005, 05:04 AM
sq2drsq

So where can I pick one up? And if they are so good why haven't I heard of them before I started reading this forum? Not trying to sound like a d**k, but I have never seen or heard of them before I started coming into this forum. Is it a new thing? Has MM&FF reviewed it and I missed the issue? Just explain to me how and why it is better than the K&N fipk I have now and the MAC fenderwell kit I am about to order. Again guys, not being a smart*ss, I just want as much info as I can get.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Acer2428
Site Mod

b/c it's fairly new, and the company is not a HUGE conglomerate like MAC. They make one product and they do it well, not to mention excellent customer service.

It is in fact plastic = less heat absorbtion. The filter can be put in two locations, hence tuneable.

I think the piece is of much higher quality than the FIPK, but as far as performance, I'd bet they're about equal with one exception. The densecharger goes into the fenderwell, away from the motor. The FIPK relies on a plastic heat shield, not quite as effective as 2' and a fender, not to mention access to colder, faster moving air.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:16 PM
NYWTMAI

I just got mine in and will install over the weekend, can't wait.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:48 PM
02StangGT

I've been looking at these (K&N FIPK and Densecharger) too. I'm not real familiar with the densecharger. Can anyone be a little more specific about the performance gains for each? Any opinions help. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:49 PM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

How much does these CAI cost? And what is there web site?
Old 05-26-2005, 04:23 PM
NYWTMAI

The tunable induction I ordered I got from this website but give the guy a call because he said he had some kind of special on the price. http://www.demolet.com/index.htm

Quick Reply: DENSACHARGER(tunable induction) question