4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

white face gauges

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default white face gauges

thinking of getting white face gauges, in reality i would love to get the autometer gauge cluster but i dont have 400 bones to just toss around. all the gauges ive seen look real ricey, i just want the stock ones that come on the cobras, none of that indiglo ricerocket crap. also i was wondering how hard it was to install them bc ive heard horror stories
Old 07-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Default RE: white face gauges

What about these (but for whatever year your car is)

http://www.mustangtuning.com/gtelglowgauge.html

They don't look ricey at all really. Those are the ones i'm gonna get. I've never installed them before on a mustang, but i've done it before on a few other cars. Wasn't hard for me....
Old 07-26-2005, 12:44 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

You have to make sure you get the right ones for your car and I agree about the riceyness. I had the indiglo ones on my contour but with a ford contour you are more going for the Euro look and trying not to look ricey but not at all looking muscular. They aren't too difficult. You have to memorize your needle positions, carefully pry the needles off, put the faces on, wire them. You may also have to use glue, tape, screws or whatever to affix them so that they don't interfere with the needles etc. Could affect existing backlighting. I've never had my GT cluster apart yet. Be careful. Have fun.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:50 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

mustangtuning.com for all your mustang needs. And they aren't ricey at all. Cobra's have white faced gauges. Do a search on google. Or maybe even try ebay or the right ones for you.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:15 AM
sk8erdudex
2nd Gear Member

I have the indiglo gauges and I love the way they look and I don't think they look ricy
Old 07-26-2005, 11:45 AM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I've got reverse glow silver face gauges... I hate the indiglos... They're just too annoyingly bright...

They also slipped over the needles, so no only the lens was removed...
Old 07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

i got the simco gauge cluster. looks much better and is way easier to see at night
Old 07-26-2005, 12:23 PM
rplourdejr

I found a trick you can use to check the gauges and make sure the needles are on correctly. I forget what web page I found this info on so I cannot say who discovered it. Not sure what year Mustangs it works on except that it does work on my 2002 gt vert.

Press and hold in the trip button and start your car without taking your finger off the button. After the car starts and you wait a few seconds, you will see the odometer display change. Take your finger off and then, I think you press the trip button once and it cycles all the gauges from low to high. It does this fast so you may have to do it a few times. With this you will see the full range of motion with the needles.

After you put the needles back on, you can repeat this a few times to make sure you have them in the correct spots. If you see them go too low or too high, then you will know they are not on correctly and can reposition them.

Each time you press the trip button the display shows something else. There is a spot that will show the rpm of the engine in the odometer display.

Rob
Old 07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: closer9

I've got reverse glow silver face gauges... I hate the indiglos... They're just too annoyingly bright...

Where did you get those?????????? and how easy is it to take out the lens and put it back in? how long would you say it took?
Old 07-26-2005, 02:22 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

ORIGINAL: closer9

Where did you get those?????????? and how easy is it to take out the lens and put it back in? how long would you say it took?
I got them from UPR (www.uprproducts.com). Even got an A/C plate to match.

Install was super easy. The only problem I had was the area around the speedo and tach needles wouldn't hold down and would rub the needles until it warmed up. I just put a little black RTV behind it, and no more problems. Should rub off pretty easy if I ever decide to take them out. It did come with silver around all the dumby lights at the bottom, but I didn't like it, and cut it out...

Quick Reply: white face gauges