4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Delta Force tuning software ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

Default Delta Force tuning software ?'s

Since it's been almost 2 months now that I've been trying to get my tuner to send me a baseline/break-in tune for my new motor/turbo setup I'm seriously thinking about getting the delta force commando software and doing it myself. My question is, is that software compatible with this maf?
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=234&parent=29
I've been to the delta force forums and it looks like a nice setup, I just haven't registered to ask this there yet. Any info is appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Yes, you can use that set up with the Commando software. The HPX slotted MAF sensor (05-up design) works very well. You also NEED a quality wide band! I recommend the AFX.

Feel free to contact me about the Commando software.

Casey
Old 03-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info, I've got an inovative lc-1 wb guage, I just haven't wired it up yet.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

If you know what you are doing then go for it, I have SF and LOVE IT! I have no experience with Commando, but either Casey or CliffyK can answer damn near any question you have about it.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

I think I probably need to start out with the special forces stuff first. Does the s/f allow for the maf in question aswell or will I need the commando software for that setup? I'll probly be ordering this soon, as I'm tired of waiting on dude to get back with me on a retune with my sct stuff.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Yes there's a menu for different MAF options. On the version I have there are no VMP MAF sensors but a lot of common ones are listed like SCT, C&L, Lightning 90mm, Cobra, Sniper Bazooka, etc.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Chris98Gt
I think I probably need to start out with the special forces stuff first. Does the s/f allow for the maf in question aswell or will I need the commando software for that setup? I'll probly be ordering this soon, as I'm tired of waiting on dude to get back with me on a retune with my sct stuff.
SF will not directly support that MAF, unless you get lucky and it's actual transfer function (TF) matches one of the Special Forces templates.

If they can provide the TF for that housing and for the sensor you choose to use, then I could check to see if one of the SF templates matches it close enough to work well.

Or I, or one of the Delta Force dealers, could modify a tune having that TF loaded. The problem with this is that you will not be able use SF to further modify that tune.

If you want to use SF then I would recommend seeing if you can get the transfer function map from VMP before you buy; make sure it is for their housing AND the same sensor as that you plan to use.

I can then check to see if one of the SF maps will work. If not then I would suggest getting a MAF that is on the SF list (the DF Bazooka would be a good choice), or getting Commando in the first...

To be honest, from what you have done and plan to do, I would not recommend Special Forces as a starting point. You will want Commando very shortly, and it will cost you more overall to upgrade from SF to Commando, than to just buy Commando in the first place.

------------------------------------------------------
note: You will need the transfer function for that MAF regardless of whether you buy SF or Commando-unless you what to do a lot of logging and tweaking to dial in the MAF blindly.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

If the maf in question has the same transfer function as the stock 05 style mafs would that work if I bought the hpx maf and selected a stock 05 style maf?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris98Gt
If the maf in question has the same transfer function as the stock 05 style mafs would that work if I bought the hpx maf and selected a stock 05 style maf?
Yes, but I highly doubt the two match.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Chris98Gt
3rd Gear Member

Check out the spreadsheet is that the transfer function that I'm looking for?
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=193&parent=30

Quick Reply: Delta Force tuning software ?'s