4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
I find myself reading your threads just so I can have my daily Laugh.
LMAO! I do the same thing. When I first read the question I thought of making a thread asking who reads his threads just to get a laugh...then I saw your post. Priceless
Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
Trust me it's not your Avatar's or Signatures that make me laugh!
Now you're making me laugh because your comments are so pointless haha

Reported for flaming

Last edited by Evenexchange; 05-25-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
LMAO! I do the same thing. When I first read the question I thought of making a thread asking who reads his threads just to get a laugh...then I saw your post. Priceless
LOL!! You're thoooooo cute!

Btw: Reported for flaming

Last edited by Evenexchange; 05-25-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

now youre reporting people? wow you are sad. funny thing is you bring most of this BS on yourself. just brush off the shoulder man and let it pass.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

anyways,

OP unless you are 100% positive the windshield came with the pony logo AND tint, then I wouldnt try. If you can document and prove the windshield came from the factory w/ tint AND a pony logo, you got yourself a case... You have got to provide evidence that supports your claim though, you cant just say "well I think it came from factory like that SOOO I want them both bacK." Cant have the best of both worlds haha. (unless it is in fact stock)
Old 05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
now youre reporting people? wow you are sad. funny thing is you bring most of this BS on yourself. just brush off the shoulder man and let it pass.
Oh really? So asking questions is not permitted on this forum? If you think a question is stupid, then keep your mouth shut. A lot of people on this forum (and ONLY this forum) have a serious problem doing that. Misery loves company, but you won't find it here, sorry.

Originally Posted by 0949er
anyways,

OP unless you are 100% positive the windshield came with the pony logo AND tint, then I wouldnt try. If you can document and prove the windshield came from the factory w/ tint AND a pony logo, you got yourself a case... You have got to provide evidence that supports your claim though, you cant just say "well I think it came from factory like that SOOO I want them both bacK." Cant have the best of both worlds haha. (unless it is in fact stock)
I didn't think about that actually. That's a good point, because I really can't prove that it is factory. I like the job that the employee did, he used new weatherstripping and the glass is flawless. Thanks for your input guys.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:40 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Evenexchange
I think it is an OEM windscreen, though. Do you think it's too late to tell them I don't want it? The guy did it while I was working inside.

He broke this, too while doing it.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-02228C

I guess he's coming back to my place of work again in 2 days to replace the part free of charge.
I have NEVER had a windscreen replaced that they didn't screw-up something, the headliner, trim, or worse... I had a 1-1/2 month old '89 Mercedes E320 with a leaking windscreen on which they gouged up the paint around the glass so badly that I sued for, and got, a new car...
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Evenexchange
Oh really? So asking questions is not permitted on this forum? If you think a question is stupid, then keep your mouth shut. A lot of people on this forum (and ONLY this forum) have a serious problem doing that. Misery loves company, but you won't find it here, sorry.
true...and i agree, but there are two sides to the coin. you can just as easily ignore their posts without having to get your panties in a wad and report them.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I have NEVER had a windscreen replaced that they didn't screw-up something, the headliner, trim, or worse... I had a 1-1/2 month old '89 Mercedes E320 with a leaking windscreen on which they gouged up the paint around the glass so badly that I sued for, and got, a new car...
Are you serious? This place is reputable though... I should check the paint around my windshield. Plus, if this windshield starts leaking, it's a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:45 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Can't we all get along

Quick Reply: Windshield replacement