4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone know how to swap gauge clusters...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone know how to swap gauge clusters...

So I just bought a new white face cluster from CiSurfer and I wanted to see if anyone has changed the circuit board on the back of their cluster to the new one. I already pm'd Cliffy but im a little anxious to get them on so I figured I would see if anyone else knew or if there was a link on how to do it. I just wanna know how it attaches to the new board and how difficult its gonna be. I saw a link about switching the board for an autometer cluster but didn't really read too much into it.

Thanks for your help guys
Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

http://www.simcoaftermarket.com/afte...ang/1999-2004/

This is the Simco cluster for our cars, on the bottom left of the page are instructions. It is REAL easy as long as you take your time and pay attention.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:15 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

I saw another write up from google and the simco seems a little different than the one I read. Nothing majorly different just one little thing
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, Its a little different, but the old cluster comes apart the same way. I just gave it to ya as a baseline to go from.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Yeah thanks man. Im just gonna go at it tomorrow and see how it goes lol
Old 03-03-2012, 10:58 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

I put in a new Simco gauge cluster in mines about a week ago. the only hard part was removing the damn headlight ****..lol it didnt want to come off..I did end up getting it off though. Switching out the Circuit board was real easy though..
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, one of the forst things I did when I got my car was change the headlamp **** to a UPR billet one, glad I did, because now I just need an allen key to remove it rather than the BS song and dance I originally went through with it.

@ OP, Good luck! Let us know how it goes, post some pics!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Thanks!! Yeah im probably gonna go out there and get my cluster out now, ill post some pics when Im done
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Ok I have both clusters in front of me. I took the speedo connector off the new one pretty easily. The speedo connector on my original cluster is giving me a hard time, it just wont come off. Anyone have any tips?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Ok so i finished probably 45 minutes ago, wasnt bad at all i was overhyping myself and it was really simple, after using some pliers to get the speedo sensor off that i was stuck on, i very carefully pried them off, switched them, swapped the led's over then put it back in, the gauges worked fine, BUT 3 of the led's didnt light up on the right side of the cluster so i pulled it out, took the led's out and put them back in to see if they werent in right, but they didnt light up so i took it out again and put the stock bulbs in. The cluster has a green hue but its mostly blue, idk if the led's were burnt out when i got them, i dont think so, or if i just mishandled them which is probably what happened, so im gonna order new ones. So heres the pictures, its too bright to see any of them lit up so i can put more tonight.

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to swap gauge clusters...