4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do now??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Default What to do now??

I already have. PI swapped GT. made 281rwhp and 318tq I found out that the cam that was installed on my car was a stage 1 not a stage 2. Kind of disapointed. I was going to dress up my engine because I'm bored. So I was thinking the polished typhoon intake. But while I'm doing that I'm thinking of doing a stage 2.(comp 270). What gains would I be able to see or what can will give me high end power. I already have a good amount of torque but I lack high end hp. What is a good cam for that, that is streetable.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:59 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

I wouldnt do that intake to be honest...I dont think you will gain much.

I would go with a edelbrock victor jr manifold if and a sheet metal elbow if you actually want to make some more power up top.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

if you're infact going turbo, i wouldn't put comp 270's in. id find a set of custom grind blower cams
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
if you're infact going turbo, i wouldn't put comp 270's in. id find a set of custom grind blower cams
Why I'm waiting on the turbo is because I don't know whether to go turbo or use a vortech. Because the vortech is a lot less work. And cheaper. Because I really don't want to take out the engine to replace the whole k member and also don't want to change my whole exhaust. But if I did go vortech or turbo do you guys think crower blower cams are good?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

With the stock bottom end it really doesnt matter....either one of them will make far more power than your stock motor will handle but any blower cams will help out a lot with a blower.

Keep in mind turbo cams are different and you may be better off with a stock PI cam than a blower cam with a turbo.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
EddyG
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by justinschmidt1
With the stock bottom end it really doesnt matter....either one of them will make far more power than your stock motor will handle but any blower cams will help out a lot with a blower.

Keep in mind turbo cams are different and you may be better off with a stock PI cam than a blower cam with a turbo.
Thanks for the help.